LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this idea at work today. I know people do multicolor flake with like colors.. but has anyone done a full flake job with 5 different colors.. like red, green, blue, purple, gold.. etc, all mixed together??

I really want to try it.. but I need a car or something to paint first. So has anyone else done something like this?

·
Registered
19,022 Posts
Had this idea at work today. I know people do multicolor flake with like colors.. but has anyone done a full flake job with 5 different colors.. like red, green, blue, purple, gold.. etc, all mixed together??

I really want to try it.. but I need a car or something to paint first. So has anyone else done something like this?
are you asking have they done patterns wit those colors??? or have they like actually thrown them all together and sprayed them?

·
Registered
778 Posts
not all flake and base colors look good. im pretty sure youll end up with it looking like the paint has a bunch of dust particles in it till you look at it in the sun.

Why not just go with some color shifting flake??

or shoot a test panel and see for yourself. just be sure to post some pics

·
Gas Guzzeling Cruizer!!
2,802 Posts
the prizm flake changes like five different colors... unity CC. Phoenix chapter has a regal that is black with the prizm flake, i think you would probably get a better result from that than mixing a bunch of flake but like tearitup said do a test panel and see for your self and post pics so we can see:D

·
Registered
19,022 Posts
If u wanna have a flip flop flake I would use some of sparkle efx cocaine flake. That flake is like a rainbow flake on LSD. I'm gonna spray some in a min so u and everyone can see. I'll post it up tonight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed, I'm not talking about prizm flake, that stuff is cool, but I'm thinking this:

Except with flake.. lol.
I'll just hit up Det and see how much it would be for some samples and see what I come up with!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
if your going to do this, spray it over a black base, and use some prism flake too it makes it look better also make sure your sprays are even not just random or wavy, or misting flake cause it will look like shit.

·
Registered
19,022 Posts
Indeed, I'm not talking about prizm flake, that stuff is cool, but I'm thinking this:

Except with flake.. lol.
I'll just hit up Det and see how much it would be for some samples and see what I come up with!
ive done a whole lot of mixxing of flakes. but what i do is mix similar colors to come up wit my own signature blends (lil cocky lol)

this is my sunburst blend.

·
Registered
19,022 Posts
It's called rainbow flake, and it looks like shit.Come to think of it, aren't rainbows associated with faggotry? Nuff said :nicoderm;
so is pink and names that boff woman and men use :scrutinize:

·
Gas Guzzeling Cruizer!!
2,802 Posts

Except with flake.. lol.
I know i understood but i was just suggesting that one but try it out and post pics elspock84 has a few blends but one thing that is for sure there is always a dominant color for it to look good

·
Registered
19,022 Posts
I know i understood but i was just suggesting that one but try it out and post pics elspock84 has a few blends but one thing that is for sure there is always a dominant color for it to look good
Yeah always add more of one color to make it look good.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
imma paintn a 93 bigbody white with a blu pearl n the clear... ill post pics 2 show every1 wat its like:thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kokaine flake by sparkle efx over black base

This is kinda what I'm envisioning.. but with more flake so the black base beneath wouldn't show through, and actual different colors of flake in there, instead of the cocaine flake. Lol it's a good excuse to paint a model car like that or something someday I think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.