LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

This is my first post so please bear with me, I just wanna start by saying im glad to have found a forum with as much topics, how-tos, etc...

Anyways I have a 1999 Ford Taurus, that im trying to slowly turn into a "slab." I wanna start with the mechanical problems first. Every time I go to start the car and take it out of park, the shifter acts like it don't wanna move, like its sticking. Now i'm thinking that it could either be the transmission( hope not :( ), Or possibly the shifter cable?

Another thing is there is this weird clicking sound that coming from behind the dashboard right above the floor board. It didn't start making this clicking sound until after i cut the front right door speakers out to put in some new pioneer 6x9's....

I don't have pic's right now, but i can get them tomorrow of whatever you need, to help me figure whats going on....

Thank-you
swanginslabsintx
:guns:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
No you only got 1 problem.. You have a ford taurus.. :0

Sorry had to say it.. wife and I had a Taurus about 10 years ago worst car we ever had. Ran good for about a year then one thing after another would breakdown.. Everyone else I've known with a taurus or tempo has similar issues

good luck hope you get it taken care of

Oh yeah.. WTF is a "slab"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what alot of people tell me, but hey its my first car so im eager to work on it. it has a completely rebuilt engine. The car just needs working on here and there...but i wanna get some rims, I just don't know which ones would fit my car, 13 or 14z?

Slow Loud And Bangin' it's a Texas thang ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts