LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my murals are chipin of both sides
i dont want them on it n*e ways but
is there any way i can take the rest of it off.?
the only thing not chipin is my trunk.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It looks like it was never prepped before they were sprayed. I would say a good pressure washer should take them off. If they come off real easy a coin carwash with decent pressure may work but more like a high pressure washer you can rent for like doing driveways etc. that would be the quickest and easiest if it works.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 2 2009, 03:48 PM~12586825
Is it paint or vinyl??  Looks like paint and if so, repaint the whole car, there's no taking just the murals off.
x2

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS
the girls and ribbon were done first then clear coated.
a month later the clowns were done but uncle rushed the guy nd it never got clear coated

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 2 2009, 03:48 PM~12586825
Is it paint or vinyl??  Looks like paint and if so, repaint the whole car, there's no taking just the murals off.
im only 15 nd im new to the paint thing
so i dont know what paint or vinyl means :dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by THE MONTOYA'S C.C@Jan 2 2009, 06:22 PM~12587121
im only 15 nd im new to the paint thing
so i dont know what paint or vinyl means :dunno:
Paint as in a liquid that is applied and then dries or vinyl as in basically a sticker with adhesive backing that has been stuck onto the car and may or may not have been painted over with clear.

Looks like paint though so either have the entire car repainted or use some touch up paint to fix the flaws.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 2 2009, 05:29 PM~12587613
Paint as in a liquid that is applied and then dries or vinyl as in basically a sticker with adhesive backing that has been stuck onto the car and may or may not have been painted over with clear. 

Looks like paint though so either have the entire car repainted or use some touch up paint to fix the flaws.
alrite thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
the reason I said a presure washer is that you can see the paint edges flaking off in the pictures obviously it was sprayed over the paint job already on the car. who ever did it did not sand and prep the surface before hand - you can tell by the color underneath the peeling area is shiny as fuck - therefore in this case pressure washing it should peel it off. But as a general rule the other guys are right if done right murals are inside the paint and it would need to be repainted. But whoever did this to your ride half assed it and did a shitty job - would realy suck if you wanted to keep the art work but works out pretty good for you in this case. Good luck Lil Homie :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by STR8RIDA@Jan 2 2009, 06:08 PM~12587872
the reason I said a presure washer is that you can see the paint edges flaking off in the pictures obviously it was sprayed over the paint job already on the car. who ever did it did not sand and prep the surface before hand - you can tell by the color underneath the peeling area is shiny as fuck - therefore in this case pressure washing it should peel it off. But as a general rule the other guys are right if done right murals are inside the paint and it would need to be repainted. But whoever did this to your ride half assed it and did a shitty job - would realy suck if you wanted to keep the art work but works out pretty good for you in this case. Good luck Lil Homie  :cool:
thanks
its happend this way cause my uncle was an asshole to the painter
nd screwed his car
the only bad thing is its my car now
but im eventually gonna paint it a hypnotic blue

thaks for the advice guys
now i know the difference between paint and vinyl :biggrin:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will try pressure washer :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
if it wasnt preped under neath the u should be able to take some 3m tape on top of the murals and rip the mural off with the tape and i guess whatever u dont get color sand and buff it out

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by zfelix@Jan 3 2009, 10:56 AM~12593227
if it wasnt preped under neath the u should be able to take some 3m tape on top of the murals and rip the mural off with the tape and i guess whatever u dont get color sand and buff it out
another good idea that would not do any damage :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts