LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on using some ice pearl in the areas I'm going to have murals done on. Well... its not really ice pearl, its this stuff:
http://www.innate.com/Paint/DIY/hyperflare.htm

now I want the flake to shine through, so I dont know how to go about doing this, except for doing it in a kandy... but I dotn think that would be dark enough to have them noticable. And if I went over the top of the murals I dont know if the stuff would cover them up too much.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Well it sounds like ice pearl, but I couln't see the vid...

Any way if is like ice pearl, then I would lay it over the graffics. With ice pearl you can laydown the ice over any graffic and it sparkles like normal in the right light, but still be able to see the graffic in any other light.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Damn, that shit is fat as hell! I gotta check some of that out.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Just depends on how intense you want it. At a certain point you will be completely covered and adding more will not make a "better" affect. You have to find out what the right amount is perfect. Usually pearls/ice pearls don't take much to look very good.

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, cause i want it to sparkle like all hell, but you still be able to see the mural. So what I'm probably gonna do is airbrush my mural (think i'll do it myself and give it a try. Used to airbrush t-shirts a few years ago, I should practice on canvas some more) in charcoal over the current light blue, spray an intercoat clear on with a good ammount of that pearl added, then do 2 coats of kany cobalt blue over the top of it, and 2 more clear coats, then cut and buff. sound good?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts