LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick Q: I'm getting lazy at this point after going all the way to bare metal and I was just woundering if I go over the bare metal with 120 do I need to block after a couple coats of 2k high build?
I"m doing etching- 2 wet coats
2k-2 wet coats
base-3 wet coats
clear-3 wet coats

G

·
get a yard ruler and wrap it with the 120 grit paper press it againest the car and sand back and forth it will get it straight

G

·
thats true the guide coat works great it changes color as you sand so you don`t sand to much in one area the color i seen went from blue to gray as you sanded

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by hosscutlass@Sep 25 2005, 12:44 AM~3879960
thats true the guide coat works great it changes color as you sand so you don`t sand to much in one area the color i seen went from blue to gray as you sanded
i didnt know they had that shit...most just use black paint

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay... I have shaved my tailights door locks and handls I also did a headlight swap involving my shaving my turn signals and I have glazed all dings in the metal... the body as been take to bare metal except for door jams and under the hood, I just scuffed that area. all the places that I have done body work on have had great care as to what I'm doing... tack welding fiberglassing bondoing under 1/8 in thick.... so I have went back over the body with a DA and 120 and thats where I stand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts