LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm still putting together and gaining knowledge of my hydraulic system. I do have the system and I have every peice (besides the powerballs) that I think I need... Cups donuts extra extra. My quistion is.
I want to get as low as possible... so do I really need to run springs in the back? My car is a unibody so no hopping will be going on in this setup. I just need to knowif there will be way to much stress on the cylinder if I dont do a coil under or over setup? I do plan to use powerballs, front and back. What do you all think?

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
trust me..... no coils or you wont be near the ground

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by white link 93@Aug 12 2005, 01:45 PM~3605067
trust me..... no coils or you  wont be near the ground
you can have coils and still be on the ground....just use factory springs....belive me if anything fails you still got the spring to break the fall.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
:uh:

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
ok when you go to build you clyinder/struts measure your height from lowest point of car to ground then take in factor your rim sizeand that will be your bottom out level.... without coils, nothing if any thing goes youll still be able to drive just not as smooth!! :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I'm not running any coils on my stuts in the front... but I dont have stuts in the rear, just a coil and a shock.... I'm worried about my body swaying and bending my cylinder...

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
it takes alot to bend a cylinder... i do power 3s and rolling 3s in my lincoln and i have 14s in the back...never bent one....since your in a cavi you dont got anything to worry about...although i would still make sure to use comp cylinders..wont have anything to worry about then.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks bro.... I didnt know how much it took to bend one but I'ma run what i got now till I get deeper pockets then I will upgrade everything... Or I will just do the right thing and get a Cadi right? haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts