LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ooppsssss.........
i found out that if an engine driven compressors clutch sticks in the engaged position for a short drive (around 3 blocks) without the driver realizing it is on...... THEN it will take 2 taps of the switch to come from laying frame up front to getting off the ground. I have no idea what pressure had built in my tank when my comp stayed on cause i dont have a gauge on my tank. BUT i am guessing wellll over 200 psi in my system and i almost shit myself when i tapped the switch cause i expected to beat about 145 psi or less. It was cool for the second that it happened but it will never be done again cause EVERYTHING in my system is rated for 150psi and im not trying to blow my system up anytime soon. Just thought i would fill you guys in on my fantastic night :uh:

Robert

·
Registered
509 Posts
haha...when you re still thinkin about it 3 weeks from now and you cant shake that grin...youll do it again.... :biggrin:

..i mean hey, it survived once right... ;)

Last edited by ace of spades at Aug 8 2003, 11:45 PM

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh dan...
i was only running a viair 400 when i first did my setup and that comp would have burned up before it got to any kind of dangerous pressure but now i have a york and a 450 i need to start thinking about a pop off valve.

Robert

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by EWOK363@Aug 11 2003, 04:19 PM
WHAT IS A POP OFF VALVE AND HOW EXACTLY DOES IT WORK?? :dunno:
It is a valve that has like a bladder type mechanism in it that releases air out once it builds up so much pressure! ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont even run a pressure switch with my engine driven, i've had it build over 300 psi without any problems, at 200 psi i get about 5 or 6 inches on the first hit of the switch. Usually with bags, the first hit is the best cause all the pressure is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts