LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its going slowly but surely. im taking my sweet ass time with this. i wanna do it nice. not like the shit i did when i was kid - had it slapped together in a day LOL.

ran into a few problems here & there :uh: one minor problem that was "sorta" fixed yet will haunt me till the day i die.

i havent cleared the parts i painted yet, im waiting for them to dry completely.

i'll be maskin the roof off tomorrow & shooting the body. then im gonna start workin on the lil bitty parts. i have the engine partially put together aswell.

btw, the flake looks really big in the pic, its big but not like super big. if you think about it, the size of the car with the size of the flake would be almost like big flake on a real car :cheesy:

ok i rambled..sorry lol

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 96 impala girl@Jul 22 2003, 10:42 PM
btw, the flake looks really big in the pic, its big but not like super big. if you think about it, the size of the car with the size of the flake would be almost like big flake on a real car :cheesy:
so would that be 1:25 scale flake that you used? :cheesy: lol
just messin with ya hun. ;)

lookin' good, i still love that paint you did on there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jul 23 2003, 12:55 AM
so would that be 1:25 scale flake that you used? :cheesy: lol
just messin with ya hun. ;)

lookin' good, i still love that paint you did on there :thumbsup:
:roflmao: that was a good one.

the paint came out CLEAN. no blobs, runs no nothin! 2base coats & 2 pearl coats & i was done. shit dried alot faster too. i think with havin a base color that really helped lol. i cant belive i forgot a base color :uh: me, miss knowitall when it comes to kandys & pearls :angry:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
isnt it? its a nameless color that will go nameless until im done LOL. its the revell 63 impala ss 2 in 1 model :biggrin: thats why its got a trunk cuz you can do it lowrider or stock.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:uh: that damn thing was from prepping it for paint. damn scuff pads! always come back to haunt me on spray bomb paintjobs!!! i have yet to clear it & maybe get rid of it with clear :dunno: thats just a baby problem. the life haunting one was the roof.

i had just taken it outside to spray the roof white, it was rainin out so i went into the garage to paint it. ran back in the house to find water drops on my freshly painted roof :tears: the paint was still soft, i wasnt gonna wait out in the humid garage for it to dry. i figured it wasnt raining that bad that i could quickly get in the house.

got in, got a small tipped paintbrush & popped the bubbles & went out on the backstep & sprayed it somemore to flow out the paint. helped, but not alot. it isnt that bad, its liveable... :angry:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by endlesslove2@Jul 22 2003, 11:26 PM
did u build the caddy in ur avatar? that shit looks phat.
yes sir, that would be one of mine :puffin:

THANKS!!! :biggrin:

i'll stick the full sized pic of it over in my post right now ;)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! LOL I hate not having my pics yet. I'm still waiting to get them off my aunts camera. I want to show everyone my 63 project thats almost done. ahhh anyway nice flake job 96!! is that airbrushed or canned?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
the life haunting one was the roof.

i had just taken it outside to spray the roof white, it was rainin out so i went into the garage to paint it. ran back in the house to find water drops on my freshly painted roof  the paint was still soft, i wasnt gonna wait out in the humid garage for it to dry. i figured it wasnt raining that bad that i could quickly get in the house.

got in, got a small tipped paintbrush & popped the bubbles & went out on the backstep & sprayed it somemore to flow out the paint. helped, but not alot. it isnt that bad, its liveable...
y not just wetsand it lightly. i have that happen all the time and wetsanding works..........

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so how long u been doing models do u do any hydros  holla back out me shawty
ive been doin models since i was a kid, but then i stopped for along time. a few years back i bought some models, but lost pieces to them :uh: then i didnt do anymore. seein alot of dope models on here got me wantin to do some again, so thats why im doin em :) no, i havent done any hydros. thats too complicated for me now lol. maybe one day.

y not just wetsand it lightly. i have that happen all the time and wetsanding works..........
really? hmmmmm...i may try that. thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by endlesslove2@Jul 22 2003, 11:06 PM
that color is PHAT! what is it? and since when do 63s have opening trunks?
actually she sent me a couple of PM's and i told her how to trim it out and how to build a hinge for it.
i think she did a damn good job dont you? ;) lol

Last edited by The Mad Modeler at Jul 23 2003, 03:51 PM

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Qvo.........fosure, thats a chingon ass kolor. when its done gives us the info on the paint. mad props, shit you throw down better then some of the guys in my city. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts