LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my impala im workin on for a while now on and off. I just bought some .80 styene on sunday and decided it was time to redo the styrene chassis again, the old one wasnt just good enough, lol. Well ne ways im showin it with 2 and three motors, lol. Some are updated that's why. I plan on having 4 #260's, and one Big Daddy Johnson, for the high front hop! Right, now i have some mixed motors just to see things are workin properly. It is painted a sand beige by Tamiya paints. I still have ALOT of work to do on it. Including: foiling, clear coat a shitload, new rims, fix some kinks in it, new motors, and add motors, lol. I just started working on it again, about a week ago. I'm already thinking of sellin it when it's done and complete all the right way! I know there are some flaws, but don't worry, they will be FIXED!, lol. Thanks for your time, and feel free to speak your mind on it, everyone has an opinion! Peace.

-Pablo
FAMC

SLAMMED!

BACK THAT ASS UP!

rugged, still need to smoothe some shit out as u can see, and this pic it only carried

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
looks pretty good, i'm diggin' the square gears! :thumbsup: i like how you did the guides for the u-bars, i've always done mine all the way across instead of just on each side.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Impalagirl, feel free to ask any questions you have about building one. I'll do my best to help you out on it! If you can't for some reason get some of the materials, ask me and I can most likely get them for you! ;)

-Pablo
FAMC

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Aug 30 2003, 12:21 AM
Hey Impalagirl, feel free to ask any questions you have about building one. I'll do my best to help you out on it! If you can't for some reason get some of the materials, ask me and I can most likely get them for you! ;)

-Pablo
FAMC
:thumbsup: i'll keep you in mind, it'll be awhile before i attempt a hydro install.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I got a Hoppin Hydros 4 motor setup that will slide right into a `64 Impala. I'm thinking between making my `64 a hopper/dancer or a lowrider in a diorama that's being built in the garage with a few out front with some homie figures. What you think I should do?

Gettin that ass up high!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
hey i need just like 1 or 2 HO motors bro...i cant get any, how much would it be?

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Aug 30 2003, 09:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Aug 30 2003, 09:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--scrapin2low@Aug 29 2003, 08:43 PM
I just bought some .80 styene on sunday and decided it was time to redo the  styrene chassis again
I have some .125 would that be good to build one with? :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i think that would be to thin and flimsy.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Im having trouble with my 4 motor car.. when I hit the switch for either back wheel, it always wants to pull the whole u-bar, not just the side I'm trying to hit..

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Aug 30 2003, 12:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Aug 30 2003, 12:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--scrapin2low@Aug 29 2003, 08:43 PM
I just bought some .80 styene on sunday and decided it was time to redo the  styrene chassis again
I have some .125 would that be good to build one with? :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
ya really, .80 is almost an inch thick..lol.. does he mean .080?? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 30 2003, 09:22 AM
Im having trouble with my 4 motor car.. when I hit the switch for either back wheel, it always wants to pull the whole u-bar, not just the side I'm trying to hit..
just add some weight to the back and it'll bring it down

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Aug 30 2003, 09:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Aug 30 2003, 09:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 30 2003, 12:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--scrapin2low
@Aug 29 2003, 08:43 PM

I have some .125 would that be good to build one with? :biggrin:
ya really, .80 is almost an inch thick..lol.. does he mean .080?? :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
lol, i didn't even notice he put .8

in that case, maybe .125 might be too thick?!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts