LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes...

Got ahold of this 64 last week. I think it is at a good starting point. Engine is running, I dont know too much on what has been done to it. Seems like it was a mild "hot rod" in a previous life.

Body is in decent shape. Slight dent on rear passenger side quarter panel. Some minor rust in usual spots for these cars.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
front clip... both fenders and hood need to be replaced. Unfortunately someone decided that Trans Am side vents would look good on a 64 Impala :uh: ... see above pics.

Hood has rust holes... maybe to work with the Trans Am vents... :scrutinize:

Grille, bumpers and fixtures look good.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interior... Seats are in good shape. will need all new panels center console and to throw out the "WOOD GRAIN" :biggrin:
When was this in?!!!!! :angry:

door panels

back

more "WOOD GRAIN"!!!

Steering wheel :uh: . Dash is decent, needs new cover.

Also need glove box with door.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 1 2006, 08:36 PM~6284617
nice, what the hell is up with the vents in the fenders :angry:  :angry:

you missed the side mirrors! I took those off right after I took the pics...

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rear is in good shape. Trunk lid is solid, minor surface rust on bottm lip.

Inside trunk needs work. (Dont mind the Improvised gas tank) Trunk tub will need to be replaced, after further inspection, I was able to see the floor through it.

bumper = good

sorry pic is saideways. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last one for today. A sunroof has been cut into it. will redo, Im not sure yet if I will throw down for one that will open.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Tyrone@Oct 1 2006, 09:27 PM~6285011
Might as well put a moonroof (44") in it since it's already cut out.

:cool:

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by lone star@Oct 1 2006, 09:38 PM~6285119
you just graduated from g bodys. its a whole new ball game now.  :biggrin:

moving on up!!
:biggrin:

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
If you need help finding one, I have a connection in Chicago. He installed a 44" in my '64 Impala SS. Let me know.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Tyrone@Oct 1 2006, 09:44 PM~6285167
If you need help finding one, I have a connection in Chicago. He installed a 44" in my '64 Impala SS. Let me know.
Sure thing... Ill keep you in mind, when the time comes. :cool:

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
are you sure thats an SS? im just saying because its missing the side mouldings, the bucket seats are missing the chrome, and the rear cove trim is not SS. maybe its an SS clone :dunno:

check out this website, just enter the vin and it will tell you whats up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: http://www.1963chevrolet.com/tools.htm

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 1 2006, 11:34 PM~6285480
are you sure thats an SS? im just saying because its missing the side mouldings, the bucket seats are missing the chrome, and the rear cove trim is not SS. maybe its an SS clone :dunno:

check out this website, just enter the vin and it will tell you whats up :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: http://www.1963chevrolet.com/tools.htm
those arent even impala seats

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Originally posted by SixFoSS@Oct 1 2006, 09:50 PM~6285207
Sure thing... Ill keep you in mind, when the time comes.  :cool:
say homie i got the power sunroof i belive its a 44" ill measure tomorrow and hit u back

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 1 2006, 10:34 PM~6285480

check out this website, just enter the vin and it will tell you whats up :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: http://www.1963chevrolet.com/tools.htm

Ill check it out to make sure. The side molding was taken off and holes filled in. SS molding is sitting in the trunk, Doesnt prove it either I know. The seats were re-apholstered, so no telling what they kept and threw out. Best bet is to check the VIN. Will do after work today. Might have me an SS clone, bastards... :scrutinize: :scrutinize:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts