LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i've got my A/C on... on "high", and suddenly smoke starts coming out! Not thick smoke, just vaguely white, but definately smoke... it smells like nothing, and it's not just "cold air" because my A/C has never blown that cold.

what could it be? it stopped after a few seconds, but it comes out for like 20 seconds every now and then

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Sep 2 2003, 03:35 PM
maybe the referigerant charge is low and causing the coil to freeze up...
how is the coil going to freeze??????????????????

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
exactly, when it's humid out, the coil will get a coating of ice on it, as the air passes by the frozen coil, the moisture in the air freezes.
Its the same as breathing on a cold winter day...

Last edited by 216RIDER at Sep 3 2003, 04:06 PM

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sometimes when your heater core's goin' out it'll blow smoke-but it's probably just condensation from the A/C.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Sep 3 2003, 04:41 PM
but my Air Conditioner doens't blow very cold at all :) It's cool, but not icy
happened n my regal to, perfectly normal, unless it has a smell to it id check for leaks though if it is freon than id be worried, most likely though it aint, if you read threw your instruction manual itll even say its normal sumwhere least it sez it in mine.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
It could also be the end of your heater core, its isn't 'smoke' but more likely steam. My Ford (I wish I didnt, but i do own one) and their chronic death of heatercores in 80s cars educated me on this topic. Apparently on some a valve sticks open and since we are talking some hot ass water (same water running thru the engine goes the the core) Gievn a chance to the atmosphere it evaporates thru the valve out your air system. Assuming this is the problem the cheap way is to bypass the heater core altogether, much like myself. or you could buy a new one...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Sep 12 2003, 05:56 AM
It could also be the end of your heater core, its isn't 'smoke' but more likely steam. My Ford (I wish I didnt, but i do own one) and their chronic death of heatercores in 80s cars educated me on this topic. Apparently on some a valve sticks open and since we are talking some hot ass water (same water running thru the engine goes the the core) Gievn a chance to the atmosphere it evaporates thru the valve out your air system. Assuming this is the problem the cheap way is to bypass the heater core altogether, much like myself. or you could buy a new one...
This would be my guess too. I have my GT and my S10 bypassed. It works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts