·
Registered
51,637 Posts
check if your front wheel is realy strait

Last edited by lolow at Dec 3 2003, 10:42 PM

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by 3lowlacs+Dec 3 2003, 09:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3lowlacs @ Dec 3 2003, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--K_S_W_I_S_S@Dec 3 2003, 06:42 PM
what can i do to fix this??
tightin the frork bolts :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
keep your hands on the handlebars?? :uh:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Dec 3 2003, 08:00 PM
:uh: so you just kept your hands on the handlebars, right?? :dunno:
yep, I tried to ride with no hands once, and I swerved and decided it wasnt worth wipingout so I didnt try it again.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg+Dec 4 2003, 06:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lukedogg @ Dec 4 2003, 06:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--biggeazy-e@Dec 3 2003, 08:00 PM
:uh: so you just kept your hands on the handlebars, right?? :dunno:
yep, I tried to ride with no hands once, and I swerved and decided it wasnt worth wipingout so I didnt try it again.[/b][/quote]
Yeah same here. Just can't do it with lowriders man! They're too long! It's hard as heck just driving with the chain wheel with one hand so it's bound to wobble or something with no hands. Not a problem witht he bike, it's just whichever way has less resistance is where your bike will trun. ;)

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
I have that problem sometimes with my 3 wheeler. It does that because the bolts that connect the frame to the rear axle are loose. The whole front end tilts a few degrees depending on which bolt is loose, causing it to turn when I am trying to go straight. Im not sure why it would do that with a two wheeler? I think it might be the fork. Go back and tighten all the bolts on the fork and see if that helps.

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
what Socios said is part of the problem, check these out

steering tube is loose possibly bent

bolt ring is loose add washers to tighten it up

you grooved the crown it means you need a new one this causes the fork to lean. a fix would require welding a washer the size of the bolt behing the crown to preserve the chrome outside.

fork could be bent or you front wheel isnt lined up with the rear wheel.check all three.

if none of this shit fixes it buy a new fork(i replace mine every 2 years)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do ride with my hands on the handlebars, just one day i noticed thats it seemed to pull to the right so i tried it...im thinkin its cuz the front wheel aint straight

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by low83cutty@Dec 4 2003, 12:34 PM
get a front end aligment
:roflmao:

·
Registered
312 Posts
1.lean left
2.keep the hands on the bars
3.rebuild the bike

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick@Dec 5 2003, 02:56 AM

3.rebuild the bike
I'm in the process of doing that now. Damn I sorta wish I didn't ride my bike everyday for 3 years straight extra weight, twisted shit, and all. :uh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts