LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
STILL CRUISING
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wiring or something caught fire while I was driving .How hard would it be to fix.flames fried my dist. cap and wiring ,vacuum lines ,and all kinds of sensors.86 olds daily ,not my monte :biggrin:
 

·
Triple OG
Joined
·
11,046 Posts
Originally posted by 187LUXURY@Aug 25 2005, 09:31 PM~3694176
my wiring or something caught fire while I was driving .How hard would it be to fix.flames fried my dist. cap and wiring ,vacuum lines ,and all kinds of sensors.86 olds daily ,not my monte :biggrin:

just replace the stuff that burned
 

·
STILL CRUISING
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I`m going to try tomorrow,hope it isnt a big ass puzzle :angry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
buy a chiton or hanes manual, it should have vacume and wiring diagrams in it. it would check before you buy it though, some don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,716 Posts
that fuckin sucks, i almost burned up my regal last night, trans cooler lines got smashed between the exhaust manifold and upper a arm and was spraying fluid on the manifold.

i would get the whole underhood wiring harness outta a junkyard from a g body with the same engine and close to the same year. they unplug outta the firewall by the wiper motor i think. get a new cap/rotor and plug wires and all the vacum switches/sensors.
 

·
STILL CRUISING
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 28 2005, 10:35 PM~3710829
that fuckin sucks, i almost burned up my regal last night, trans cooler lines got smashed between the exhaust manifold and upper a arm and was spraying fluid on the manifold.

i would get the whole underhood wiring harness outta a junkyard from a g body with the same engine and close to the same year. they unplug outta the firewall by the wiper motor i think. get a new cap/rotor and plug wires and all the vacum switches/sensors.
Thanks for the tip about where to unplug,cant find a complete harness at the junkyard, everyone butchers them :(
 

·
STILL CRUISING
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by dough916+Aug 28 2005, 03:33 PM~3708596-->
buy a chiton or hanes manual, it should have vacume and wiring diagrams in it. it would check before you buy it though, some don't.
[/b]
the book I have doesnt have diagram

<!--QuoteBegin-Foompla
@Aug 28 2005, 05:20 PM~3709062
figuring out why it caught fire might be a good idea.
hard to tell, I had degreased the engine 3 days before?
 

·
STILL CRUISING
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by King Of Rimz@Aug 29 2005, 09:24 AM~3712161
SPLICE TOGETHER, HOME DEPOT HAS ELECTRICAL TAPE ON SALE. :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
J/K BRO DAMN THAT'S FUCKED UP ABOUT YOUR DAILY :(
Any cutlasses for sale? :biggrin:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top