LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 Cadillac Brougham

its not locked, but when i push in the button it will not open for shit. the button feels kinda light when u push it in like something is disconnected. the lights in the doors come on when i do push it in but it will not budge....should i take the door panel off??????

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basically what happened today is i found out what happened to my door handle... when u push the button it supposed to move out this plastic tip and work the door mechanism. the plastic thing broke in half on part on the long stick and one on the door handle itself. so i have to find out a way to fix this it seems simple but its acuatally complicated as fuck, even harder with the big ass metal plate that covers the door in the way. i dont have much room to work with to begin with, only things i think i can do is fabricate something and do alot of drilling and shit. plus ive gotta make the same shape. or i could look online for a new handle or go to the auto salvage and pay 35+ for one lil part. oh and also i broke one of the holders for my door lights, slammed it in the door becuz it was hanging and i forgot about it. smashed it to pieces....gotta find a new one of those or say fuck it and mount it without the light till i find one....

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Canada@Jan 8 2009, 08:50 PM~12647081
Got pics? I would like to see them, i got a similar problem.
cant dont have a uploader thing, this is really important theres goota be a way to fix it

·
Registered
361 Posts
all you need is a cell phone and an email then txt it to your email then use tinypic.com to upload.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Canada@Jan 8 2009, 09:46 PM~12647635
all you need is a cell phone and an email then txt it to your email then use tinypic.com to upload.
it will be really hard to make out dude

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
stick your memory card from the camera into your computer and upload them that way if not your s.o.l. i dont understand wat ur talking bout

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 8 2009, 11:53 PM~12649341
stick your memory card from the camera into your computer and upload them that way if not your s.o.l. i dont understand wat ur talking bout
the slots are fucked up, but i have an idea give me a day

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by TwistedDreamz87@Jan 9 2009, 07:57 AM~12651035
the slots are fucked up, but i have an idea give me a day
:cool:

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will post pics in a day or too, but i gotta find a solution

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Originally posted by TwistedDreamz87@Jan 10 2009, 12:54 AM~12658591
will post pics in a day or too, but i gotta find a solution
k, ill time you. ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
dont fuck around with fabricating stuuf. go to a salvage yard, and get what you need to repair it with oem parts. trust me on this.

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
Originally posted by racerboy@Jan 11 2009, 10:15 AM~12669277
dont fuck around with fabricating stuuf. go to a salvage yard, and get what you need to repair it with oem parts. trust me on this.
X2 dont half ass the shit it'll end up fucking up again later ;)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
good point, hard to find time/parts these days myself.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
if you cant find the time to do it right, how are you gonna find the time to do it over?

that saying always made me do shit right the first time!

·
Registered
311 Posts
My 85 caddy had the exact same problem just recently. I didnt take the time to attempt to take my panel and stuff off because I was gonna wait till sring since its parked for winter anyways.

One day it warmed up a bit and it worked like nothing ever happened. It felt the same, like there was no pressure on the handle and neither inside or out would work.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 81CutlassCalais@Jan 11 2009, 06:19 PM~12672126
My 85 caddy had the exact same problem just recently. I didnt take the time to attempt to take my panel and stuff off because I was gonna wait till sring since its parked for winter anyways.

One day it warmed up a bit and it worked like nothing ever happened. It felt the same, like there was no pressure on the handle and neither inside or out would work.
i took mine off that shit is broke

yeah i need to go to a salvage yard..... they have 2 cars the same year as mine so i will be able to get it but there is a 35 buck minimum for any part ghey!!!!!!!!!1111

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by TwistedDreamz87@Jan 11 2009, 05:47 PM~12672297
i took mine off that shit is broke

yeah i need to go to a salvage yard..... they have 2 cars the same year as mine so i will be able to get it but there is a 35 buck minimum for any part ghey!!!!!!!!!1111
DDAAAMMMNNN

They really taking you guys for what your worth down there.....but 35 bucks to have it fixed isnt really that much to pay. To have my shit working again, I would pay it if I didnt have another way.

Yea, I knew you had already stated yours was broken. I just wanted to add it to your thread just in case ( Which will happen ) somone else has the same problem and happens to find this page.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts