LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the other day i was feelin that my engine was missin i think its my plug wires but i was wonderin i juz got a new magnaflow on it couple days ago an i havent heard really anything out of it, could my engine muffle or change the sound that is supose to come out of my engine? plz help me out anyone ??? :confused:

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer@Nov 3 2003, 04:52 PM
anyone plz i need to know?....
Yes homie.......if there's too much backpressure or not enough, your car will run completely different and may require rejetting.
How much did you change?

L8

·
NO BITCH!!
101 Posts
this might have nuttin do to with it but does it feel like your loosing power? the reason is that happend to me and it was because the cat.converter was fucked...i dunno if this helps...oh ya and all my exhaust was stock.

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer@Nov 3 2003, 05:30 PM
thankz for the help anyone elnse?
It could be a million things but, pull each plug and see if any of them are fouled......then check your cap/rotor

L8

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Check the timing, on my 65 pu I changed to a direct pipe no muffler or nothing just the cherry bomb. Drove it and was kinda dying on me. So the mechanic adjusted the timing and seems to run fine now. Hope this helps.

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$idePlayer@Nov 3 2003, 06:07 PM
if they are fouled would they be oily? or wat are some other signs of fouled plugs?
Yea homie.....will be oily or DARK black, like Wesley Snipes (jk).....you can check timing too like the other homie said....if timing is cool...plugs are cool, go to wires, then cap/rotor......are you running points, if so, the dwell may need to be readjusted.

L8

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
if your points are bad instead of replacing them, go to ebay and buy a ignitor II electric distributor conversion kit, i love mine.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Nov 3 2003, 04:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Nov 3 2003, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--$outh$idePlayer@Nov 3 2003, 06:07 PM
if they are fouled would they be oily? or wat are some other signs of fouled plugs?
Yea homie.....will be oily or DARK black, like Wesley Snipes (jk).....you can check timing too like the other homie said....if timing is cool...plugs are cool, go to wires, then cap/rotor......are you running points, if so, the dwell may need to be readjusted.

L8[/b][/quote]
yo lo 64 thankz for all the help an replyin back i apreciate it a lot man ima change the plugs an wires an if that dont change anything ima go get myself a tuneup its only one of my dailys but i wana get my $$ outa my exuast that i put on an im not if it dosent sound like its supose to ty ~

·
49,409 Posts
np.....

I just got done re-tuning my 64, so I can relate!

your problem will be simple/obvious........a $50 tuneup will get you back on the blvd.

Cruise to P-Ville and represent for me.

L8

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya it will juz get me to work soundin good i dont like driving the 64 to work
to many rich punk kids with nothing better to do but fuck with shit so it might as well be my civic lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts