LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trunk! well soon, i just finished the hinges still gonna figure out how and where i want the air lift to be.

trunk closed hmmmmmmmm

trunk open ahhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by joebomber52 at Nov 17 2003, 10:54 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys
i chose to use air to having something different, and i can tap it into my already existing air supply, and it is faster than liner actuaters. but also i am thinking of just using the air cylinder or whatever i use as a cushion, so that when it unlocks it just lifts the door and i pick it up the rest of the way manually then put it down and the air releases and the trunk will slowly lock

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Nov 18 2003, 01:16 PM
thanks guys
i chose to use air to having something different, and i can tap it into my already existing air supply, and it is faster than liner actuaters. but also i am thinking of just using the air cylinder or whatever i use as a cushion, so that when it unlocks it just lifts the door and i pick it up the rest of the way manually then put it down and the air releases and the trunk will slowly lock
So you mean that it will lock under its own weight?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Foompla+Nov 18 2003, 09:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Nov 18 2003, 09:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Nov 18 2003, 01:16 PM
thanks guys
So you mean that it will lock under its own weight?[/b][/quote]
no it will have a pin that will shoot out from the top and lock into the body with a door actuator lock that will lock when it hits the bottom

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 18 2003, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 18 2003, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2003, 09:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Nov 18 2003, 01:16 PM
thanks guys

So you mean that it will lock under its own weight?
no it will have a pin that will shoot out from the top and lock into the body with a door actuator lock that will lock when it hits the bottom[/b][/quote]
even better :)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
That's pretty badass, Joe. A suggestion: the 1993-96 Cadillac Fleetwood us a mechanism to latch the trunk and pull it closed. Maybe you could pick something like that up pretty cheap! ;)

Good luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Nov 20 2003, 11:57 AM
That's pretty badass, Joe. A suggestion: the 1993-96 Cadillac Fleetwood us a mechanism to latch the trunk and pull it closed. Maybe you could pick something like that up pretty cheap! ;)

Good luck!
Jeff
thanks jeff i'll check that out i just got a cadillac connection also

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Joebomber52,

What are you using to open and close the boot lid (trunk lid)? Can you get small air cylinders or something?

I like the idea of that. It's got me thinking about that for my own car now!

With an existing onboard air supply, it is tempting to use it for other things too!

:biggrin:

Last edited by M-827 at Nov 26 2003, 07:02 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 26 2003, 08:01 PM
Joebomber52,

What are you using to open and close the boot lid (trunk lid)? Can you get small air cylinders or something?

With an existing onboard air supply, it is tempting to use it for other things too!

like a huge fucking airhorn!!

cripes, I've said too much :0

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 26 2003, 06:01 PM
Joebomber52,

an air cylinder and a tention spring with a custom under floor mount and bracketry wont see nothing

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 26 2003, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 26 2003, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--M-827@Nov 26 2003, 06:01 PM
Joebomber52,

What are you using to open and close the boot lid (trunk lid)?  Can you get small air cylinders or something?  

I like the idea of that.  It's got me thinking about that for my own car now!

an air cylinder and a tention spring with a custom under floor mount and bracketry wont see nothing[/b][/quote]
:0 :biggrin: :puffin:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sounds good :cool:

Will the air cylinder do the pushing and the spring do the pulling?

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts