Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Looks tight.......... ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
im feelin that button tuck.. not a big fan of the color (my opinion only) but looks great with the color of the truck.. how about i mail you my huffy.. and you ride down here and do the healiner on my regal? ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
how do u get the lines in it i know it is probably a stupid question but wutever im about to do something like that for my headliner i was just wondering

·
Registered
819 Posts
You just have to lay your design out on foam first with marker. Check out the post by joost.

Then you have to take a razor blade and cut 1/2 through the foam. You start in the middle of the foam and as you work your way out just tuck the the material into the lines that you cut.

Hope this helps.

later
TC

·
Registered
166 Posts
kool i understand wut u are saying now that i remember seeing the shit joost did for his seats with the marker and shit

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Nov 18 2003, 12:36 PM
You just have to lay your design out on foam first with marker. Check out the post by joost.

Then you have to take a razor blade and cut 1/2 through the foam. You start in the middle of the foam and as you work your way out just tuck the the material into the lines that you cut.

Hope this helps.

later
TC
Good advice. Though not necessary, it also helps to cut out the foam where the buttons will be place. If you don't, you will over compress the foam when you put the material and buttons of on. Makes a world of difference in the look.

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by AWSOM69+Nov 18 2003, 09:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AWSOM69 @ Nov 18 2003, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tcvaldez@Nov 18 2003, 12:36 PM
You just have to lay your design out on foam first with marker.  Check out the post by joost.

Then you have to take a razor blade and cut 1/2 through the foam.  You start in the middle of the foam and as you work your way out just tuck the the material into the lines that you cut.

Hope this helps.

later
TC
Good advice. Though not necessary, it also helps to cut out the foam where the buttons will be place. If you don't, you will over compress the foam when you put the material and buttons of on. Makes a world of difference in the look.[/b][/quote]

true, also dont cut too deep with the lines, you end up with the lines being too width when you`re done with it

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by Flossy VonFleetwood@Nov 21 2003, 08:21 AM
it also helps to cut out the foam where the buttons will be placed.

whats the best way of doing that?
[/quote]

the point of the button is also the point where two lines cross, just push your finger in where they meet....

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 21 2003, 02:02 AM

i used a 1 inch hole saw on a drill but used it in reverse it worked good
[/quote]
do you only cut 1/2 way through with the hole saw and chew out a bit of the material, or do you actually cut all the way through?

Thanks! Sick headliner!!!
Jeff

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by Flossy VonFleetwood@Nov 21 2003, 01:21 AM

[/quote]
i always just popped an upholstery pin through it with a small loop of nylon string and hooked a button hook (sorry forgot the name of this tool) and pushed it up through the material to the top...unhook it and hook the button stings and pull it back down through.. ive done the reverse drill bit thing too but i was usually too busy to go looking for the drill when i was doing this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts