LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having lots of dumb problems and asking a million questions i got my set up working today for the first time. the batterys are low so it should do a little more then what the pics lead on. for all those guys on here that helped me thanks a bunch with out you all helping me out on here this would not have happend.

now its time to make it look purty. even after blowing my 2k budget i had set to build this car. Ill still have it on the road for under 3k including purchase price and every thing else to make it run,drive, and lift.

Bryan

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
cool,no go grind all that duraglass off that car and start fresh on the body

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 3 2007, 08:20 PM~8926659
cool,no go grind all that duraglass off that car and start fresh on the body
haha duraglass is your friend. this is just a beater it wont be straight by any means. im going to try the 50.00 paint job on it with foam rollers and thinned out rustoleom. my whole goal was to build a old school lowrider as low buck as possible and have it for my daily. i got other cars waiting to get finished so the least time spent on this means the nicer my other cars come out. :biggrin:

50 dolalr paint job!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
well you can do a cheap paint job but prep is the key to it lasting more than a month,grind it all off ,address the rust then reapply the duraglass and dont barley cost nuttin to block it out and make people say damn the 50 $ p/j is aight

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Originally posted by DetroitDirty@Oct 3 2007, 05:33 PM~8926740
haha duraglass is your friend. this is just a beater it wont be straight by any means. im going to try the 50.00 paint job on it with foam rollers and thinned out rustoleom.  my whole goal was to build a old school lowrider as low buck as possible and have it for my daily. i got other cars waiting to get finished so the least time spent on this means the nicer my other cars come out.  :biggrin:

50 dolalr paint job!
DAMN NOT BAD FOR $50!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 3 2007, 08:40 PM~8926792
well you can do a cheap paint job but prep is the key to it lasting more than a month,grind it all off ,address the rust then reapply the duraglass and dont barley cost nuttin to block it out and make people say damn the 50 $ p/j is aight

o that aint over a bunch of rust. the car was preety rust free. there aint no point to put it over rust the moistuer will just get behind it and pop it all off in a month like you said. those are low spots that i banged back out. i like to use duraglass first then bondo it helps the bondo last and the duraglass is stronger then bondo. at one time the car had to have a wheel fall off or some shit cause that whole passnager side wheel well area was kinda bent up. i got it close with the hammer and dollie but im still learning the art. and the fender had a damn tree fall on it or something.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Originally posted by DetroitDirty@Oct 3 2007, 06:33 PM~8926740
haha duraglass is your friend. this is just a beater it wont be straight by any means. im going to try the 50.00 paint job on it with foam rollers and thinned out rustoleom.  my whole goal was to build a old school lowrider as low buck as possible and have it for my daily. i got other cars waiting to get finished so the least time spent on this means the nicer my other cars come out.  :biggrin:

50 dolalr paint job!
this should be interesting.......

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
but it looks like its applied over primer and it looks like the duraglass is dripping rust juice

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 3 2007, 10:54 PM~8927667
but it looks like its applied over primer and it looks like the duraglass is dripping rust juice

damn dude. it is over primer it sticks to primer. i know alote of guys thing the shit needs to go to bare metal but it doesnt, sorry. and the rust is from the dent not having any paint on it. the cars sits out side. i have a feeling you may think i dont know what the hell im doing but i assure you i do. ive build plenty of cars. You take your car into a shop in bare metal to get body work done the first thing that happens is it gets put in primer sealer then the filler work happens,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts