LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is hok zenith gold with hok 1/64th rich gold flake in the front and hok passion pearl in the back with hok silver microflake over it. and my flake doesn't show up like it used to , it still looks good when i cruise downtown at night but its lit up my street lights . what can i do

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
HOW DOES YOUR CLEAR LOOK------USUALLY IT IS YOUR CLEAR THAT STARTS TO GET YELLOWISH OR CLOUDY---AND THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR FLAKE DOES NOT SHINE LIKE IT SHOULD----MAYBE YOU NEED A GOOD BUFF JOB-------OR AT WORST WET SAND AND RE-CLEAR-----HOW OLD IN THE PAINT?????

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 18 2003, 10:57 AM
i'm glad you say you are happy with your hok clear i am going to shoot all HOK EVEN THE CLEAR i heard some people say hok clear sucked........
it does!!!

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac@Aug 20 2003, 09:37 PM
just wet sand it a lil and buff it out it will look like new but dont wet sand to much most the flake is in the clear
he already did it-----------but the flake should always be under the clear and under the candy---not on top----------well for a really flake job anyway------ :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by LTD RIDIN'+Aug 21 2003, 06:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTD RIDIN' @ Aug 21 2003, 06:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 18 2003, 10:57 AM
i'm glad you say you are happy with your hok clear i am going to shoot all HOK EVEN THE CLEAR i heard some people say hok clear sucked........
it does!!![/b][/quote]
what sucks about it???

have you ever sprayed it before?

·
Registered
185 Posts
hok clear and valspar dosn't spray to good well i haven't had much luck. if i remember val clear needs to be reduced alot to spray nice but i haven't sprayed it to much i use matrix clear is is clear no yellow tint clear as bottled water and sprays nice and dosn't sulivant pop. hok/val is basicly same shit same co. owns both.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
YALL DONT KNOW SHIT HOK CLEAR IS THE BUST IN THE INDUSTRY IT JUST TAKES CONSIDERIABLE TIME TO USE PROPERLY . IVE PAINTED SINCE I WAS 16 AND THIS IS THE BEST PAINT IVE EVER USED IT IS A MATTER OF QUALITY :cool:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
IT MIXES 4:1:1 VERY GOOD FLOW AND CONTROL

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 10 2003, 09:05 AM
IT MIXES 4:1:1 VERY GOOD FLOW AND CONTROL
can ya give us a show of what it can do ,, 'WITHOUT' a cut'n'polish ..
Personally I've never used their clear's cause I love the one I use ..

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 9 2003, 05:03 PM
YALL DONT KNOW SHIT HOK CLEAR IS THE BUST IN THE INDUSTRY IT JUST TAKES CONSIDERIABLE TIME TO USE PROPERLY . IVE PAINTED SINCE I WAS 16 AND THIS IS THE BEST PAINT IVE EVER USED IT IS A MATTER OF QUALITY :cool:
too funny. not many use HOK clear, reason... not the greatest of products. most folks stick to PPG. most of us know a "little" about things. im not a painter, but have had enough paints and seen enough paint jobs (homie owns a body shop, club people, know a lot of painters) to see HOK clear not work as well as other clears.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
look at 816customs.tripod.com/816customshop the orange trucks paint is 2 hours old ! ppg is good paint just a lot more bullshit to contend with.hok is the oldest custom paint maker in the country , hell they originated it . ppg cant even come close in the kandy dept. :cool:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
more pics soon when i get the scanner workin right its a new site

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
sabre , being outside the united states you have access to the best hok clear , as it is not sold in the states. you should try it sometime :cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 10 2003, 10:36 AM
sabre , being outside the united states you have access to the best hok clear , as it is not sold in the states. you should try it sometime :cool:
Ok what's the product name on that clear , I'd really like to trial and compare to The clears I use ,
The truck looks good I wouldn't mind seing a close up ..

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 9 2003, 05:32 PM
look at 816customs.tripod.com/816customshop the orange trucks paint is 2 hours old ! ppg is good paint just a lot more bullshit to contend with.hok is the oldest custom paint maker in the country , hell they originated it . ppg cant even come close in the kandy dept. :cool:
I'm not a painter and dont know a whole lot about different paints....but I have a issue with this statement. You say: "hok is the oldest custom paint maker in the country , hell they originated it . " Trust me they are not the oldest custom paint maker in the country, and then to further it you say they originated custom painting. But then in your signature you say they have been the best since 1956. If they have been the best since 56 who was better before them? Or does that 1956 mean they have been in business since 1956? Also how old are you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts