LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hose going to the front busted and I can't get a jack under the frame (it's to low) to cut the zip ties holding the hose. Anybody know what I should do? I already disconnected and pulled on it but it is strapped too tight. Help!!!

Also, I have two pumps, and when I raise the front, the other side won't go up either, anyone know why?

Thanx.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Dec 12 2003, 07:12 PM

Also, I have two pumps, and when I raise the front, the other side won't go up either, anyone know why?

Thanx.
1 pump to the front acts like that because all the fluid pressure goes were the least amount of resistance is, which is the busted hose.

raise the back of the car up then put the jack as far up to the front of the side of the car as you can.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
drive the car onto a couple of bits of wood 4x2 should be enough then you should be able to geta jack under there if its still not high enough nail 2 pieces of wood together so they are like 2 steps then drive up the 2

·
Registered
327 Posts
when i had a corner drop, i couldn't get the jack under there, so i plugged up the port on the dump running to the cylinder that I didn't want to go up. then hit the front switch, and all the fluid will go to your properly functioning cylinder. I dunno know if that'll help you get the jack under or not...I just did it cuz my car was pullin' a big dogleg in the driveway while it was broke down, and I wanted it to sit on the ground right.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( It happened to me too and it sucks

·
Registered
970 Posts
if ya got 2 jacks, put one under the bumper and lift the car by the bumper then slide your other jack under the crossmember ,ya boy !

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 12 2003, 06:50 PM
drive the car onto a couple of bits of wood 4x2 should be enough then you should be able to geta jack under there if its still not high enough nail 2 pieces of wood together so they are like 2 steps then drive up the 2
Next time do this, they OGs here have a tree stump the cut like a pizza slice for this. Also handy when a lowered car has a tire blowout.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx fellas, I'm going to try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
good luck with it...i had this problem years ago when i had bags..luckily someone with a vette drove by and stopped..he had a real low jack and let us use it..

·
Registered
245 Posts
just get the replacement hose and run it outside of the car to get it off the ground. If you have to actualy drive it, bungee the hood and trunk down and you can crawl home.

I had to do it once myself.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 79pimpala@Dec 13 2003, 04:52 PM
just get the replacement hose and run it outside of the car to get it off the ground. If you have to actualy drive it, bungee the hood and trunk down and you can crawl home.

I had to do it once myself.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing this, I'm just waiting to get a hose.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
just get some fools to pick your shit up off the ground. I was putting my gold daytons on my ride one time at Pigeon Forge and the fucking jack broke and collapsed :( Thank God it didn't fuck my ride up, but I had like 6 fools pick my ride up off the ground to get another jack under :cool:

i still have a big ass scar on my hand where the adaptor sliced my hand when I was putting the wheel on when it collapsed

Last edited by [email protected] at Dec 14 2003, 03:56 AM

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Dec 12 2003, 04:12 PM
My hose going to the front busted and I can't get a jack under the frame (it's to low) to cut the zip ties holding the hose. Anybody know what I should do? I already disconnected and pulled on it but it is strapped too tight. Help!!!

Thanx.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I use a sissor jack to bring my car up until I can get a good jack underneath.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
lock the ass up and then you can slide a jack under the side of the frqame rail as far forward as you can then you should be able to get the front or side up then or go in to the wheel well in front of the tire and you should be able to get a jack under thelower up towards the bumper or take the hose off in the back get a cap for the fitting that went to the blown line and lift the car with the pump thenit shold rase the one side hi enough you could get a jack in there somewhere

Last edited by BIGTONY at Dec 14 2003, 04:10 AM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts