LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats poppin i wanna know ho everyone keep their front hoses from getting damaged ive tried wire ties and they work but i dont like the way they look has any one ever used pvc piping to run hoses threw to keep from burning or damaging ive never seen a post or a how to on hose routing just keeping it real :confused:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
good ??

·
Registered
534 Posts
where are you dragging it at..? pcv is straight so i am guessing along the frame rails? i usually run mine through the frame rails (on a G body) and zip tie it it the end to keep it snug.. some people don't like running through the rails though...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'll admit. I use cable ties and hose clamps. Not too pretty underneath but it doesn't bother me. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive used pvc piping in the past for multiple power wires for my audio setup 2 / 0 guage leave a nasty lump in the rug it worked well for that

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wind up draging under the back doors where it comes out of the frame i havent actually add the pvc yet this weekend im gonna

·
Registered
265 Posts
we use the clamps that look like neon under body tubes but their made outa metal u just have to screw them to ur frame ....they work great except when u blow a hose and your on the side of the road tryin to fix it

·
Registered
237 Posts
ALSWAYS MAKE SURE THE HOSES HAVE SOME PLAY WHERE IT MEETS THE CYLINDER DONT HAVE THEM TO TAUNT.... NEWAYS I USE ZIP TIES.. AND CLEANLY MOUNT THEM UNDER THE CAR SO IT DONT HIT NO MOVING PARTS OR NETHIGN///// THRU OUT THE ENGINE PART UNDER THE FIREWAL I CUT UP A THICK VACCUM HOSE MY MOM HAD AND USED THAT . TO PUT ON THE HYDRO HOSE/// CUZ ITS ALWAYS THE FRONT HOSES THAT SCARE ME

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
use zip ties and make sure that the will not come lose again!!! Me boy made the mistake of just pullin his line and trin to wrap it around his fuel cell. It was still loose and draggin on the ground while we were doin 65 on the freeway. All of a sudden we are draggin rockers at 65 mile and hour. By the way it is a body dropped Nissan hardbody. we rigged it up and since it was 9pm we couldn't find any hose places so I traveled the side of the freeway and found a rock and put in in between the arm and frame and we slowly cruised to a friends house. and bought a hose in da morn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts