LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id share some of my personal work. I seen doctahouse make a pair a while back and i was feeling the stock look with the smooth top. I dont have many pics but you get the idea. Ill post pics of the insde tomorrow.

Stock arms: if you look closely you can see the cut layout

The steps are basicaly the same as doctahouse. Mine are a lil different in the way that my top plate isnt sitting on top of the arm but is actually flush w the original top plate and blended :cool:

Gave a lil bit of style to the cut out not to fancy as this will be a street car

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I like those too. My dad saw me doing a pair and asked me why I dont set the top plate inside and plate the sides on the inside,since the balljoint plates are in there. I told him it wouldnt look good but I was obviously tellin him a lie! Probably be easier.. the doc might have just knocked over the first domino!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwoodswangin@Jan 18 2010, 08:50 PM~16331901
Thought id share some of my personal work. I seen doctahouse make a pair a while back and i was feeling the stock look with the smooth top. I dont have many pics but you get the idea. Ill post pics of the insde tomorrow.

Stock arms: if you look closely you can see the cut layout

The steps are basicaly the same as doctahouse. Mine are a lil different in the way that my top plate isnt sitting on top of the arm but is actually flush w the original top plate and blended  :cool:

Gave a lil bit of style to the cut out not to fancy as this will be a street car

are u gonna cut the outside lip off? i kinda like the smooth look without the lip?..since most will either plate both inside and outside or one or the other

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by AndrewH+Jan 18 2010, 10:03 PM~16332097-->
I like those too. My dad saw me doing a pair and asked me why I dont set the top plate inside and plate the sides on the inside,since the balljoint plates are in there. I told him it wouldnt look good but I was obviously tellin him a lie! Probably be easier..  the doc might have just knocked over the first domino!
[/b]
:cool:

Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2010, 10:08 PM~16332179
Dam bro you working in a basement??
nah but might as well

<!--QuoteBegin-KINGFISH_CUSTOMS
@Jan 18 2010, 10:34 PM~16332655
are u gonna cut the outside lip off?  i kinda like the smooth look without the lip?..since most will either plate both inside and outside or one or the other
No i want the factory look but w the smooth top. I might take down the lip on the higher end down some though

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
nice :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwoodswangin@Jan 18 2010, 09:46 PM~16332858
nah but might as well
No i want the factory look but w the smooth top. I might take down the lip on the higher end down some though
nice...been wondering where youve been hiding out at....havent seen a topic from you let alone u post anything up for a while..hope LIL is keeping you busy with building arms and other components

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 19 2010, 02:16 AM~16335841
nice...been wondering where youve been hiding out at....havent seen a topic from you let alone u post anything up for a while..hope LIL is keeping you busy with building arms and other components

Ive been quite busy w a friends frame. I might post pics of the frame build but dont have many pics kinda slacked on that part.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by IN YA MOUF+Jan 19 2010, 08:01 PM~16343296-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Classic Customs
@Jan 19 2010, 08:02 PM~16343320
looks real good bro.
Thanks homie :cool:

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwoodswangin@Jan 19 2010, 10:09 PM~16345012
Ive been quite busy w a friends frame. I might post pics of the frame build but dont have many pics kinda slacked on that part.
:(

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres the pics of the inside that i promised. Theyre still a lil rough. I wont be reinforcing the balljoint are as these will be for a street car.

And yes im pretty busy

there 2 more pairs that are not in this pic

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by doctahouse@Jan 19 2010, 10:19 PM~16345969
I'm liking the top plate cut out!! How'd you find fitting in the inner pieces compared to how you've done your other arms? I see the heat lines from your inner welding  :cool:
The part I figure being tricky would be bending the rear of the plates down around the bushing areas. with them on top, you have something to bend around. with them inside, they may be hard to make even on each ear.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 20 2010, 10:56 PM~16358152
The part I figure being tricky would be bending the rear of the plates down around the bushing areas. with them on top, you have something to bend around. with them inside, they may be hard to make even on each ear.
Pre-bend it then install ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts