LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I just converted my old Huffy Quarterton Freestyle into my new daily cruizer. Rides just fine - just needs a bigger sprocket.
Most of the parts (gold fork, gold sissybar, handlebar, sprocket, wheels ...) are from my old "MeanGreen" bike - that's gonna get a major makeover within the next few months - new body mods, new paint, new parts, new everthing - just the same style (full custom or radical - dunno yet).

Last edited by asco1 at Aug 10 2003, 02:16 PM

·
Registered
122 Posts
:uh:

i dunno man, nice and clean but i dunno bout the style...what happened to the orange crush? that shit was tight as fuck.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by EscoRat@Aug 11 2003, 02:47 AM
:uh:

i dunno man, nice and clean but i dunno bout the style...what happened to the orange crush? that shit was tight as fuck.
Yo EscoRat - EazyOrange is still there. But I don't want to ride it every day 'cause I don't want to fuck it up. I just needed a daily ride and so I took all the parts I had laying around and threw them on that BMX frame. If I had a lolo frame I'd put the parts on that one - fo shizzle - but ... you know .... whenever I get my hands on a lolo frame I HAVE to cut it up and modify it - so it's better to use that BMX frame for ridin'. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
yea you know me... when my hands get on a lolo frame i... wait i never touched one or seen one.. crap! lol

looks good asco! you do some sweet work

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by asco1@Aug 10 2003, 11:47 PM
yeah it is - but I definitely have to put a bigger sprocket on this one. The long original BMX cranks and the small lolo sprocket make it hard to ride. Will get that fixed within the next days and then: RIDIN'!
smaller crank, bigger sprocket

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by trikeboy666+Aug 11 2003, 09:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trikeboy666 @ Aug 11 2003, 09:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--asco1@Aug 10 2003, 11:47 PM
yeah it is - but I definitely have to put a bigger sprocket on this one. The long original BMX cranks and the small lolo sprocket make it hard to ride. Will get that fixed within the next days and then: RIDIN'!
smaller crank, bigger sprocket[/b][/quote]
naaah - the crank is just fine but it'll get a bigger sprocket - fo shizzle :)

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
When I was repainting my bike flip flop I put the parts on my chrome G.T. for kicks but I couldn't use the sissy bar and the banana seat but I had the wheels, the forks, and the handle bars and mirrors and stuff on it. It looked pretty funny but It rode like crap. I took all of that off with a quickness the next day.. But do know this, the GT has free sprocket 72 spoke daytons on whitewalls from lovely lowrider right now though... :0

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by asco1@Aug 10 2003, 01:59 PM
Hi all - I just converted my old Huffy Quarterton Freestyle into my new daily cruizer. Rides just fine - just needs a bigger sprocket.
Most of the parts (gold fork, gold sissybar, handlebar, sprocket, wheels ...) are from my old "MeanGreen" bike - that's gonna get a major makeover within the next few months - new body mods, new paint, new parts, new everthing - just the same style (full custom or radical - dunno yet).

tight woprk keep it up

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Lowridingmike@Aug 11 2003, 06:50 PM
When I was repainting my bike flip flop I put the parts on my chrome G.T. for kicks but I couldn't use the sissy bar and the banana seat but I had the wheels, the forks, and the handle bars and mirrors and stuff on it.  It looked pretty funny but It rode like crap.  I took all of that off with a quickness the next day..  But do know this, the GT has free sprocket 72 spoke daytons on whitewalls from lovely lowrider right now though... :0
i drilled some holes in the rear dropouts to mount the sissybar to. :) works just fine.
Thinking about doing a BMX up plain lowriderstyle. Just an ordinary BMX but painted dark metalflake green with white pinstripes, put some 144s on it, a chrome BMX fork and white grips, white seat and gold anodized BMX parts. That should have THE STYLE! :)

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by asco1+Aug 11 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (asco1 @ Aug 11 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2003, 09:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--asco1
@Aug 10 2003, 11:47 PM

naaah - the crank is just fine but it'll get a bigger sprocket - fo shizzle :)[/b][/quote]
yea but wont the crank scrape..its awfully long

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by trikeboy666+Aug 12 2003, 09:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trikeboy666 @ Aug 12 2003, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2003, 09:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--asco1
@Aug 10 2003, 11:47 PM

naaah - the crank is just fine but it'll get a bigger sprocket - fo shizzle :)
yea but wont the crank scrape..its awfully long[/b][/quote]
nope - no scrapin' over here. Rides just fine. Aaargh - just figured out that I need a longer chain with the bigger sprocket. :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
actually now that i look at it, it doesnt look that bad, im starting to think it might actually look good. :biggrin:

at least the frame is clean with no decals and not that thick. good work... :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts