LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out my next hopper/ dancer it will be a 4 motor chassis i got it with a regular tno in the back

and in the front i am trying out a new idea of mine with independent front suspention makes it look like extended a-arms with a split

now the front wheels are on two separate axels at no piont to they touch

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by babybikeboi2@Nov 25 2003, 07:25 PM
looks realy cool! it gona have an interior? and hey u think u could post that movie of yur r/c dancer please? thanks

props homie
yeah i got to make another one the old one i had posted was earased ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yo already thought of it, But it will work better with a peice of plastic seperating each axle half. Or offset the spacing between each axle one will be closer to the front and the other will be closer to the back

P.S. can't tell from the picture if you spaced it like that or not. Also not trying to steal your glory. Keep up the progress

Last edited by demonikmodeler at Nov 25 2003, 09:06 PM

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by demonikmodeler@Nov 25 2003, 09:01 PM
Yo already thought of it, But it will work better with a peice of plastic seperating each axle half. Or offset the spacing between each axle one will be closer to the front and the other will be closer to the back

P.S. can't tell from the picture if you spaced it like that or not. Also not trying to steal your glory. Keep up the progress
did you actually build one or just "think of it first"?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Desined them three or four years ago but that only my word. Someone could have thought about also and not built it either. Can't take credit for building one because I've never had a soldering iron. But I do have three other plans drawn out and have criticly pictured its action for faults. One of these days I'm going to try and bring them to life. Thats why I told him to keep up his progress.

Last edited by demonikmodeler at Nov 25 2003, 09:23 PM

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
weird coincidence.... yesterday, i stayed home from school, and ended up getting real bored and started thinking of an a arm dancer....so i started to make one!!... the back axle lifts up like a (real) circus hopper and the front has a mock design of some mini a arms......

good work..... :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
congtratulations bro i figure it had to be done good job but i assure you this one is different i am not going to give away all the secrets, on limiters and all that and alignment the way you see it in the first pic is how it sits and the center 2 pics are the way it is when it is up neither axel touches they rest exacty parralel to eachother and neither bothers the others movement also guys to me this is going to be small stuff as some of you know i like my models and other things to look realistic i will be starting my new project soon and i will post up step by step progress i will tell you this it will be a 64 impala but not a kit nothing you can buy as a 64 impy i assure you will all be amazed

hey demonic any more questions or comments feel free to pm me :cool: for some info

and big eazy that rear action i was going to do a little something like that to this hopper but i am goint to save that for my top secret pj coming up ooops too much info

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Cool! I like different stuff. I usually just bend the axle ends of my u-bars for the "Tuck" look but I recently stopped because it makes me loose height with my wheels hangin. Now I have them almost straight up and down with a slight tuck for that mean hopper look! ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
hate to say it but ford came up with that idea in about 1984. not to talk shit or anything, but its i beams. you are doing good. but what you can do to increase travel is bend the a little more than half way, some pics will be at giantmotorsports.com check out their equal length beams. its a desert thing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
ford i-beams = :thumbsdown:

worst thing that ever happened to em.. never seen one of them go straight as an arrow.. never..

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I think it's a dope idea and your the first one I see with this design/ adaptation or whatever. Like this stuff since it is original.
I'm really curious on how it's gonna hop!
So how I look at it your gonna cut a gap in the rear shaft wall, attach the line to the front shaft wall and lin runs underneath the scissor (or onto depends how you oook at it) so when the line is pulled it pops both the scissors upwards. Video!! ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
you cant say that i beams are no good. for prerunners, they are the best thing ever, because you can get amazing amounts of travel without moving mounting points of the beams. such as you can get 22 inches of travel with stock mounting points on i beams. but on a new ranger with a arms you can maybe get 14 at the most with stock mounting points, then its 18 inches wider than stock width.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Originally posted by locust@Nov 26 2003, 03:18 AM
you cant say that i beams are no good. for prerunners, they are the best thing ever, because you can get amazing amounts of travel without moving mounting points of the beams. such as you can get 22 inches of travel with stock mounting points on i beams. but on a new ranger with a arms you can maybe get 14 at the most with stock mounting points, then its 18 inches wider than stock width.
you have a very valid point there.. i didn't take the time to think about the added travel ibeams have.. but in stock form you have to admit ride isn't as good.. and alignment isn't as true..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts