LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, my webcam ain't worth a shit. I was trying to capture the paint job. Black base with a gold (came out brownish over black) pearl and metalflake color. In the sun, the metalflake disappears and the pearl pops, in the shade, it's the opposite. The body is pretty much done, cleared and foiled, except for the hood, I messed the paint up around the ornament so I redid it today.

Also, you can barely tell, but each letter on the rear quarter script (Bonneville) has been painted, i'm trying to perfect the method before I tell you about it.

K. Diaz

PS-so, do I win anything? :biggrin: just playin...

Last edited by BigPoppa at Sep 12 2003, 01:08 PM

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Sep 12 2003, 03:22 PM
duh, forgot to say that's a nail polish color.

K. Diaz
oh yeah thats where tose big gold flakes in my airbrush came from LOL

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by dag65+Sep 12 2003, 03:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dag65 @ Sep 12 2003, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Sep 12 2003, 03:22 PM
duh, forgot to say that's a nail polish color.

K. Diaz
oh yeah thats where tose big gold flakes in my airbrush came from LOL[/b][/quote]
Damn, I'm sorry, that flake is hard as hell to clean out, I ran thinner thru my airbrush for about 5 minutes straight and a couple still came flying out when I cleared.

More progress pics, finished chroming the undercarriage with Alclad, I also cleared a test body I done with gold flake.

Should be done soon!

K. Diaz

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Sep 13 2003, 06:06 AM
Yeah, my webcam ain't worth a shit. I was trying to capture the paint job. Black base with a gold (came out brownish over black) pearl and metalflake color. In the sun, the metalflake disappears and the pearl pops, in the shade, it's the opposite. The body is pretty much done, cleared and foiled, except for the hood, I messed the paint up around the ornament so I redid it today.

Also, you can barely tell, but each letter on the rear quarter script (Bonneville) has been painted, i'm trying to perfect the method before I tell you about it.

K. Diaz

PS-so, do I win anything? :biggrin: just playin...
hey what if ya added a few drops of gold into the black so it wasnt pure black and that could help bring out the gold pearl?? just a thought

1 - 17 of 17 Posts