LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
whats that stain? hehehehe j/p those patterns are nice man :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts



now that is some tight shit :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
what did u make those cylinders from? i had made some out of an old TV antenna (that got old quick once all the antennas in the house were cut up in pieces)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Sep 2 2003, 11:49 AM
my monitor is dark so i cant see the pics... and i have my monitor set to the brightess it gets... and its still dark az fuk...
you are not missing much but fuzzy pictures, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Originally posted by Nu-B Modeler@Sep 2 2003, 11:47 AM
what did u make those cylinders from? i had made some out of an old TV antenna (that got old quick once all the antennas in the house were cut up in pieces)
lol thats a good idea. but i guess it would get old after awhile. heres a link to my how 2 page on my web site it goes into detail but cylinders and stuff :biggrin: http://www.lowridermodel.8m.com/photo6.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
thanks... i will definatley try those tips out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,614 Posts
The reverse method of applying patterns is the easiest to do...
Just choose the color or tone for patterns this is going to be the first layer...just spray the whole car the color for the desired patterns.
Mask of the patterns, lines etc. and spray the color the car is going to be.
This saves the time to wrap the whole car in paper and the patterns can be cut out in a very easy way. I did this to my beddancer truck. A light blue base and a dark blue tone for the whole car. So the car turned out as darkblue with light blue patterns. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 4 2003, 06:43 AM
The reverse method of applying patterns is the easiest to do...
Just choose the color or tone for patterns this is going to be the first layer...just spray the whole car the color for the desired patterns.
Mask of the patterns, lines etc. and spray the color the car is going to be.
This saves the time to wrap the whole car in paper and the patterns can be cut out in a very easy way. I did this to my beddancer truck. A light blue base and a dark blue tone for the whole car. So the car turned out as darkblue with light blue patterns. ;)
iight cool thanks for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well thats not how i do them... i spray the basecoat first... then lay down the patterns and tape arond and spray cuz if u look closely the charcole fadez... itz dark fading to light... i have no idea wut that stain is cause thats only in the pic cuz the car doesnt have that... im still not done with that cause ima see if i do more...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea but your theory sucks ass cause if your doing a kandy your gunna flood tha body with paint and prolly lose alot of the body lines and door lines... and the car is gunna look bulky and nasty.... so i beleive the masking way is better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,614 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Sep 6 2003, 09:26 AM
yea but your theory sucks ass cause if your doing a kandy your gunna flood tha body with paint and prolly lose alot of the body lines and door lines... and the car is gunna look bulky and nasty.... so i beleive the masking way is better
I did it on blue in the face and it works like a charm...altho without the candycoat....it all depends on how good you are laying the coats that means not to thick.... try it out first so you know what your talkin'about...and remember that I try to ADD idea's and not destroy yours or piss you off...my spidersense tells me you are. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top