LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I was hesitant about posting my stuff here (no lowriders) I have been encouraged to do so. So I'll add to this thread over a period of days as I'm currently at work. I started modeling as a kid and young adult but had to give it up when I entered the service. Time, family and space considerations as well as deployment made it hard to have a hobby. When left the service in 2005 I started back and have been enjoying myself immensely. I build differently from most people, seeing gems in kits most people wouldn't give a second thought to. I'm an imagineer. I imagine it, then engineer it. I don't do box stock/factory stock very well (one, to date). So that being said, here's my latest completed build.

This is a late 70's Revell IMSA Monza Spyder kit, that was built as a Cannonball Racer. The kit is absolute shit, but the body is well molded and the body parts fit well. The chassis is a Pontiac Nascar chassis that has been radicaly altered to fit the body. I cut it into seven pieces as I recall. The dash and console are Corvette, and the seats from the F&F Toyota. The engine is a Nascar SBC, with a Corvette TPI system. The wheels/tires are from a Ferrari F50. The air cleaner was scratch built, as well as the exhaust system. I did not do any detail wiring or plumbing, I wanted the look and stance of the model to grab your attention, not the details. The color is Duplicolor rattlecan Orange Mist.

You can check out the WIP shots here: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Jant...haos%20special/
Please feel free to critisize, either good or bad. I can take either. I'd like to know what you liked or what you'de have liked to have seen done differently or better. And don't for a minute think that I'd be offended by anything you could say. More later, be cool.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nice and clean bro

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pokey please.........I'm blushing! :biggrin: Thanks for the ataboys guys.

Mcloven, the Deathrace 300C is on hiatus until I can get parts to replace what I ruined. I unfortunately let my logical mind over-rule my artistic mind when it said "There's no way stock wheels/tires could handle that much wieght". So I hogged out the chassis and put it up on military HumVee wheels/tires and now I hate it. It looks like something that has no business calling itself a racer. So until I can lay my hands on a replacement chassis, and supension, it's not going anywhere. I have finished the weapons though. A single .50 cal and a bank of eight LAW rockets.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
now that 300 is cold i like that alot

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phat97- the rivets are just pinheads. Drill small hole, push pin through, clip pointy end, and glue from the back. Easy but time consuming.

Okay- next build. This the AMT repop of the '65(ish?) AWB Nova, the Rat Packer.
When i couldn't come up with some cool graphics, I decided to take the "rat" part to heart. The kit is box stock except for the aluminum injector stacks. The side graphics and the rat skull & crossbones were done with hand cut stencils and then sprayed in flat white. I got the rat skull off the web, I think it's was from a skateboarding sticker or something like that.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by 8-Ball@Jan 17 2009, 10:35 PM~12737472
now that 300 is cold i like that alot
:yes:

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by Jantrix@Jan 17 2009, 10:14 PM~12736309
Pokey please.........I'm blushing! :biggrin:  Thanks for the ataboys guys.

Mcloven, the Deathrace 300C is on hiatus until I can get parts to replace what I ruined. I unfortunately let my logical mind over-rule my artistic mind when it said "There's no way stock wheels/tires could handle that much wieght". So I hogged out the chassis and put it up on military HumVee wheels/tires and now I hate it. It looks like something that has no business calling itself a racer. So until I can lay my hands on a replacement chassis, and supension, it's not going anywhere. I have finished the weapons though. A single .50 cal and a bank of eight LAW rockets.

i think it would look badd ass with four front wheels from a semi truck..

1 - 20 of 120 Posts