LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
rca jacks give the signal for your amp for the audio without this your amp will turn on with no audio the blue wire the remote wire turns the amp on when the stereo or car turns on whatever you have the wire hooked up to maken sure you have good connection from your positive and your ground then make sure your speaker wires are good fuses etc you can test your subs by hookin them up to another amp or straight to your battery is will just give it a pop and if it is blown it will do nothing as for the amp hook up a speaker to it that is working then see if it works i would do this first let me know what happens :biggrin:

·
Founder & Pres.
9,007 Posts
is the amp lit when head units on? if so check all your connections, check wires inside box, check rca cables etc.. good luck

·
Founder & Pres.
9,007 Posts
if all the wiring good bro, its most likely the amp. if the amps not lit check the fuses, or try a new amp that should do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
i guess he fixed it :dunno:

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by summertime cruizer@Feb 10 2010, 07:11 PM~16576476
what do the rca control
:uh:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by summertime cruizer@Feb 10 2010, 04:12 PM~16574493
I CHECKED ALL THE WIREING EVERYTHING IS GOOD  EXCEPT  THE SUBS AINT HITTIN IT MIGHT BE THE AMP ANYONE HAVE ideas OF WHAT IT COULD BE

If amps right and wires right.....Your subs are wired wrong and canceling your bass out. Unplug one and it will get louder. Then you no you need to rewire the box. Lots of ways to do it for ohming laws so if you need help hit me up with sub model and amp and ill give you the best way for maximum results..

Caliboyzcustoms Stereo shop

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by themadmexican@Feb 20 2010, 08:50 AM~16669472
:uh:

Rca brings the stereo volts in to amp like 2.5 5.0 7.0. The higher the volt the more output the stereo gives to amp and usually it's a cleaner signal. That's how the amp knows how to turn on to sometimes. Yes the blue wire is the remote wire to turn it on but,If your deck don't put enough volts off to the amp, it won't turn on. Lanzer is good for that and hiffonics high end amps are too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts