LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of months ago Johnny Medina invited me to come over to LA, he would show me around, i didnt realise what he ment with that exactly until he started talking about jesse`s gypsy rose, danny`s lemonlaid, abel`s fantasia, Albert`s newlife riviera....could it be true? so i took the offer, ive been dreaming for years about going to LA to realy see what true lowridin is about, see cars ive been admiring for so long. He wanted to show me some very important cars in the history of lowridin and meet the people who`s idea`s inspired others for the last decades.

I knew alot about LA from the people who live there, tv, reading about it, and i always thought of it as a wonderful place, but once i was there, i couldnt believe how much i loved it. As a european theres alot of small differences but i realy liked them :biggrin: Just walking out of the airport and seeing all the cars, the palmtrees, the 4lane roads, the buildings, lets not forget beautiful women, the fucking temperature, you guys are lucky to live there, better believe it! Its pretty cheap too, just 2.40 a gallon for gas, 8 bucks for a whole meal at a restaurant, imma have to seriously consider maybe moving there in a couple of years :biggrin:

But i guess you guys rather have me post up pics then stories so here it goes....

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thursday raoul picked me up to show me around in LA, yet again i realy appriciate it man! We went practicly everywhere, hollywood, beverly hills, east LA, inglewood, crenshaw, whittier, the old gasstations imperials cc and lifestyle cc used to hang out, etc etc etc......This guy knows every fucking spot in LA :0

The right one is the house of the drugsdealer in the movie training day, you know the guy with all the cash under the floorboards they shoot later on

heres the view from the house, nice

no trip to LA is complete without the hollywood sign :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ShortyX3@Jul 27 2005, 12:17 AM
thats it...
[snapback]3485027[/snapback]​

have patience, ive got like 700 pictures, im getting there :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went up the beverly hills, to see the city, i just cant believe how big it is, we have states where im from that are actually smaller then this fucking city....

Raoul was pretty sure this is jennifer lopez` house.......

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went to the artistsdistrict where mr.cartoons shop is, theres alot of murals there. This one realy stood out, notice the LA sign in it :cool:

Whittier, i just had to be there once

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the afternoon raoul took me to his house to meet his family and show me his and his buddy`s ride. Its pretty fun seeing 2 almost identical 67s with different colors, they both look beautiful

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by HUEY HEFNER@Jul 27 2005, 12:32 AM
NICE PICS JOOST IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU AND JOHNNY THAT SUNDAY...

:cool:
[snapback]3485149[/snapback]​

hey! yeah it was a little layitlow-reunion :biggrin: I was nice meeting everybody. You know its realy different if i go on layitlow now i know alot of people personally know :cool:

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went out to dinner to with raoul and his family, went back again to the beverly hills for a nightview, went to the felix dealer, seen some other shit, that one pick i kinda blurry though i didnt had a tripod

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
700 pics post em all that would be cool lol

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys probably dont even think about it but just driving on the highways was nice, its all bigger and wider then europe

went to bowtie connections but they already moved, been to the new building but we werent allowed to take any pictures........that HURT because theyve got some bad ass shit in there. I met mike lopez who build the twilight zone, they were just finishing up a 59 black ragtop in there......couple of 58 ragtops, couple of other 59 ragtops, 2 2door bogbody`s, 57s......people who`s been in the workshop know what im talking about, fucking beautiful!

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
should have taken pics of the seats in the red toyota worse waste of NOS 63 material ever lol

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After that raoul had to work and johnny just arrived, first point on the agenda, the lowrider magazine headquarters, pretty nice building ehh

it was nice being there, see whats going on. Im real honest if i say i stopped buying them 2 years ago due to the huge amounts of advertising and the fact 1 lrm is about 20 dollars here, just wasnt worth it for me specialy with there website showing the cars too. But i saw the latest magazines and they ARE improving, the pictures are nicer and bigger, stories improved too and theres more cars being featured then before...

these pics fucked up again :angry:

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
next point on the agenda, finally seeing the gypsy rose. Its something i waited for about 8 years by now i think, to me its a very important piece of lowridin history, something that just has to be respect even though it may not be everybody`s style, just for the fact it has been around so long with the origional interior and paintjob.

just seeing on a show would have been special, but we went to the place where the car is stored, no other people around, no fence around it, i personally upwrapped it and man, that was a special moment, seeing uncover it little by little :0 I was actually pretty suprised to see it standing in such a place, but it actually added to the whole atmosphere, because thats where its from, thats where it was created, seeing it like this was better then if i would have seen it for the first time on a show or something

1 - 20 of 283 Posts