LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

MyRC64Progress

1K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  badmouth 
#1 ·

I lucked out and found the neon wire on sale for $4.50 at Target. so I bought 3 packs. The neon wire is made for real cars and is designed for 12v but it seems to work fine off of 9.6v. I am not finished with the paint yet I still need to paint the roof white and I might add some paterns or even a mural to the car. I also want to add some led's for the head and tail lights.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dat loox killer. Its sick :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By the way do you know if the 64 or the 67 are still on the market, because I want one.

Much props.

-twin

#5 ·
Originally posted by twin@Sep 18 2003, 05:24 PM
Dat loox killer. Its sick :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By the way do you know if the 64 or the 67 are still on the market, because I want one.

Much props.

-twin
I know that the 64 67 and the El camino are all discontinued but for the new Christmas season of this year their will be a new 58 impala which supposedly hopps in the front and back.

#7 ·
I saw the 58. It seems like wth 4 switches you would be able to do more. But anyway I jus want one. Maybe with some custimizations you could f,b,ss, and a three wheel on the 58.

Good work on the rims and lighting fx.

-twin

#8 ·
Speaking of the 58, It seems like it would be better to have the front hop ad back hop on the same switch. And take the flashing lights of to do maybe a side to side with the free switch.

jus my 0.02

-twin

#9 ·
Damn! that does look good!! ....They got a 64 at the Radio Shack up the street. They got a price tag 41 somethin on it. I asked the dude about it the other day...I told him that you guys on here were saying the are closing them out and they are supposed to be $27.00, so he goes over and has a dude behind the counter check it on the puter, and the guy goes " damn! ...you're right 27 dollars!"
It's not sealed, or anything, I think they used to play with it in there a long time ago. I started to open the box tonight while I was up there, but it was packed up to good, so I said the hell with it.... still got 41 dollars on it too:)

#10 ·

I forgot to mention that I’m also using welder flints as scrape pads on the RC 64. I know that I have mention this idea before but if you guys still haven’t done this simple mod then you need to go to your nearest hardware store ASAP, spend $1.95 and get yourself some welder flints. I guarantee you will freak out when you see the sparks fly.

#11 ·
Originally posted by twin@Sep 18 2003, 06:54 PM
Speaking of the 58, It seems like it would be better to have the front hop ad back hop on the same switch. And take the flashing lights of to do maybe a side to side with the free switch.

jus my 0.02

-twin
I agree, the flashing lights are not a important feature and it would be cool to replace that switch with something ells.

#15 ·
Here is an update. I finished painting the 64 and I also added a neon sign in the back window, but I'm still working on the wire wheels and the LEDs in the head lights and tail lights. You may also notice the side molding which did not come with the car. I used plastic construction strips which I found at a hobby store, glued them to the body of the 64 then I just applied bare metal foil over the plastic strips.

#21 ·
I soo want one of these thing's.. I've got the Elco one, but it's a freind's.. He said i can take it apart, and make it hop, and paint it, and do a few other thing's to it, But i dont wanna mess little dude's car up.. I made it to where the back drop's lower, And raises higher for him though.. And as soon as J releases how to build the front to hop, ill prolly do that too, But any further, and ill buy my own..

#22 ·
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Sep 29 2003, 06:08 AM
Here is an update. I finished painting the 64 and I also added a neon sign in the back window, but I'm still working on the wire wheels and the LEDs in the head lights and tail lights. You may also notice the side molding which did not come with the car. I used plastic construction strips which I found at a hobby store, glued them to the body of the 64 then I just applied bare metal foil over the plastic strips.

lil Rob- " i got a tear in my eye cuz its la raza is what im killing"
LK~5

#25 ·
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Sep 18 2003, 08:41 PM

I forgot to mention that I’m also using welder flints as scrape pads on the RC 64. I know that I have mention this idea before but if you guys still haven’t done this simple mod then you need to go to your nearest hardware store ASAP, spend $1.95 and get yourself some welder flints. I guarantee you will freak out when you see the sparks fly.
sup man, I just bought some flints called "Burn O matic" for my RC Acura RSX....I was wondering..can you drag it on the pavement and will it spark?..how did you hold the flints up? did you drill a hole for the flints?...did you buy the flints like that..in a triangular shape?..if not, how did you make it?..any other information would be greatly appreciated :cool:

#26 ·
I use the triangle flints which are shown in the photo. They are the best that I have found and are very easy to mount to the car. All I did was drill a hole in the plastic and use some screws and nuts to secure the flints. And yes I do drive it on the pavement and also the sidewalks. I drive my Radioshack Impala mosly at night because of the flints. That's why I also wanted the neon to help the effect of night driving. I've tried to take a photo of the sparks flying but the photos keep turning out to blurry. I'v never heard of Burn O matic flints but if they are anything like the welder starter flints then they should work. Does your RC Acura have hydros? The nice thing about Radioshack RCs is that you lift and lower the back via radio control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.