LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I need a dual convoluted bag that has 8 inches travel and has the weight capacity of at least 800#s. I dont like sleeve bags as they cant take the pressure and they wont work very well in my over-engineered complex setup.

If i cant find a bag with that much travel and i havto settle with a 6incher then i will lose 3.5inches of overall travel. With a 8 inch travel bag i will get just about 10.5 inches and be able to pull 3s.

And not a 3 where the tire just hangs down or is barely off the ground, a tucked n sucked 3 :biggrin:

Last edited by LowLIfeVW at Dec 30 2003, 05:27 AM

·
Registered
57 Posts
call larwence at airgasam custom (909)360-9223 tell him bo (with the caprice sent you... hes got a new bag hes selling that a little over 3 in tall compressed and inflated to 100pas its 12 1/2 in tall.
i just installed some on the rear of my caprice, all the way down in the back it tucs 3 lug nutz up now it will untuck all the chrome!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by tbranscom@Dec 30 2003, 05:28 AM
call larwence at airgasam custom (909)360-9223 tell him bo (with the caprice sent you... hes got a new bag hes selling that a little over 3 in tall compressed and inflated to 100pas its 12 1/2 in tall.
i just installed some on the rear of my caprice, all the way down in the back it tucs 3 lug nutz up now it will untuck all the chrome!
Do you have pics of both up and down? I'm also looking for some tall bags for my 85 Cadillac.

Thanks
DVS

·
Registered
57 Posts
i broke my digi got one comin tommorow i hope. if someone would tell me how ill post some pics

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Airbagit.com huh. Ive been meaning to ask the guys at work about a longer travel bag.

Cool beans though, just means i can get my bags at half price :biggrin:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Don't buy stuff from AIM Ind. They just generally Suck.

Buy from almost anyone else. There are also good bags for sale on Ebay recently that have a Much longer stroke than your typical firestone 2500#'s

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like the slams but max psi is a little low for me. I know for a fact though that the Phoenix Bags that Aim carries have very high burst limits, round 500+ psi.

And $100 a bag seems a little steep for me, rather pick up a pair at Aim for $80 instead.

And ive had some bad experiences with Airlift, they can kiss my ass for all i care.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
slam bags are underrated on the pressures as are most air system parts. i know of slam bags that have 650 psi in them and theyre in hoppers. my contitechs are rated at 120 but ive had them past 425. tanks are rated at 150 and have been past 425. ive never seen the aim bags, but the slams are really nice bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts