LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a 85 monte with 3 kendwood amps and a 72 street charger i have changed my altornator to a 140 amp but still my bass will cut off some times so i was told to put a Capacitor witch brand and style should i use

P.S low on cash so some thing fair

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
i would say upgrade the battery under the hood to a optima red top if u havent yet. Also I would try to get a bigger alternator if you are going to be running 3 amps. What are you using all the amps for. Is it possible that you could sell or trade some of the amps so you could just be running 2 of them. Capacitors are worthless and a waste of money.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
ive heard that caps are a waste and dont bother with then from more than one person on here. but can anyone really say why? because people always tell me to get one cause they say it saves your electrical system... but of course none of these people actually have a cap or even a system.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by Kartoon@Nov 16 2003, 04:56 PM
ive heard that caps are a waste and dont bother with then from more than one person on here. but can anyone really say why? because people always tell me to get one cause they say it saves your electrical system... but of course none of these people actually have a cap or even a system.
ill try to find you a link on this topic

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Nov 16 2003, 04:29 PM
i would say upgrade the battery under the hood to a optima red top if u havent yet. Also I would try to get a bigger alternator if you are going to be running 3 amps. What are you using all the amps for. Is it possible that you could sell or trade some of the amps so you could just be running 2 of them. Capacitors are worthless and a waste of money.
just got a red top and went from a 60 amp to a 140amp alternator but one thing is my carburator needs to be adjusted when i am on a red light my car feels like its going turn off and thats when the bass cuts off

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by angel85lx+Nov 16 2003, 09:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angel85lx @ Nov 16 2003, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--91lacdeville@Nov 16 2003, 04:29 PM
i would say upgrade the battery under the hood to a optima red top if u havent yet.  Also I would try to get a bigger alternator if you are going to be running 3 amps.  What are you using all the amps for.  Is it possible that you could sell or trade some of the amps so you could just be running 2 of them.  Capacitors are worthless and a waste of money.
just got a red top and went from a 60 amp to a 140amp alternator but one thing is my carburator needs to be adjusted when i am on a red light my car feels like its going turn off and thats when the bass cuts off[/b][/quote]
found my problem adjusted my carburator all seems to be better now.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD@Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM
there is never any "NEED" for a cap....
Come on. These is one cap and I cannot remember what it is, but it is a 50 cap, and it costs about $400.00. But it is one of the best put together caps that I have seen. All of the competition vehicles, well let me correct that (high quality) car stereo's use capacitors.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 19 2003, 07:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 19 2003, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD@Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM
Come on. These is one cap and I cannot remember what it is, but it is a 50 cap, and it costs about $400.00. But it is one of the best put together caps that I have seen. All of the competition vehicles, well let me correct that (high quality) car stereo's use capacitors.[/b][/quote]
but wouldnt it be cause they actually need them???

but since most people ask dont have a comp setup at all. and obviously if you had a comp set up you wouldnt have to ask if you need a cap or not.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 19 2003, 05:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 19 2003, 05:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD@Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM
Come on. These is one cap and I cannot remember what it is, but it is a 50 cap, and it costs about $400.00. But it is one of the best put together caps that I have seen. All of the competition vehicles, well let me correct that (high quality) car stereo's use capacitors.[/b][/quote]
Really now????????

Gee....

I've been competing how many years now?

And I have yet to see one in a true competiton vehicle.....

Caps do nothing but hurt you....

If you'd like the proof, just say the word ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
there is no need for a cap... "it stabilized power" yeah yeah.. who cares? a 50 F cap for 400? I can get you a better one.. use a battery.. it's cheaper, and made of alot of capicators.. it's all a battery is...

a capacitor is a capacitor... 1f is 1f.. it makes not difference at all.. it's all about what brand you want to go with.. and if you want digital or not..

also, upgrade your wires under the hood... battry to ground, alt to positive battery, transmission to ground, and engine block to ground.. it'll help your electrical system out ALOT... plus, it's cheap..

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD+Nov 20 2003, 03:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JeremyD @ Nov 20 2003, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 05:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD
@Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM

Come on. These is one cap and I cannot remember what it is, but it is a 50 cap, and it costs about $400.00. But it is one of the best put together caps that I have seen. All of the competition vehicles, well let me correct that (high quality) car stereo's use capacitors.
Really now????????

Gee....

If you'd like the proof, just say the word ;)[/b][/quote]
Come on man, if you are a competitor, then you know that most of these vehilces have major Capatience in there system. I just came from a huge one, and of the 25 cars that were there, everyone had Caps, including one that was cover in Burberry.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 23 2003, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 23 2003, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 03:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD

Really now????????

Gee....

Come on man, if you are a competitor, then you know that most of these vehilces have major Capatience in there system. I just came from a huge one, and of the 25 cars that were there, everyone had Caps, including one that was cover in Burberry.[/b][/quote]
Nope..........

I'd like for you to name one serious competitor who uses actual caps.....

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD+Nov 20 2003, 05:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JeremyD @ Nov 20 2003, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD

Really now????????

Gee....

If you'd like the proof, just say the word ;)[/b][/quote]
i would however like for you to explain your stance :). Im always trying to learn.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla+Nov 24 2003, 09:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Nov 24 2003, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 05:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD

Really now????????

Gee....

i would however like for you to explain your stance :). Im always trying to learn.[/b][/quote]
Since you asked so nicely :biggrin:

http://www.welcometotheden.8k.com/caraudio/Captest.pdf

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD+Nov 24 2003, 03:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JeremyD @ Nov 24 2003, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 09:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD

Really now????????

Gee....

i would however like for you to explain your stance :). Im always trying to learn.

http://www.welcometotheden.8k.com/caraudio/Captest.pdf[/b][/quote]
You are all technical. It is almost to a fault, those test are so biased to a person's opinion. Okay someone that used Caps, uh RICHARD CLARK, GARY BIGGS, EVERYTHING SPEAKER WORKS PUT OUT. Maybe you are a local competitor, it may not be obviously visible, but believe me, most will either have Caps of Inverters. But most of the competitors on the IASCA website that I have posted on there site used Caps. So I don't know where you fact you basis.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 24 2003, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 24 2003, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 09:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD

Really now????????

Gee....

http://www.welcometotheden.8k.com/caraudio/Captest.pdf
You are all technical. It is almost to a fault, those test are so biased to a person's opinion. Okay someone that used Caps, uh RICHARD CLARK, GARY BIGGS, EVERYTHING SPEAKER WORKS PUT OUT. Maybe you are a local competitor, it may not be obviously visible, but believe me, most will either have Caps of Inverters. But most of the competitors on the IASCA website that I have posted on there site used Caps. So I don't know where you fact you basis.[/b][/quote]
so basically.......

Your trying to say....

In all the vehicles I've built, helped build, and seen, there are capacitors hiding somewhere that I dont know about?

Dont think so :biggrin:

Come stop by termpro, where all of the loudest people in the word hang out. Ask them if any of the run caps. You wont find anyone.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
No what I am saying is that you do not like Caps, so maybe the vehicles that you have do not have caps. The vehicles that I see at IASCA have CAPS. Of cours not all the vehicles have Caps because of course there are people that do not believe in them. But if you have a system that is playing at it peak, then a Cap is great to ensure the your system continues to keep its power after you have been playing for a long time, or very loud passages are being played.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts