LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

need a change

1K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  yodawagon 
#1 ·
i currently run firestone 2500 up front and 9000 in back. im looking for more lift, especially up front. any suggestions?

#4 ·
Ok, 2600's do give a little more lift, but there width gets a lot bigger than the 2500's. See you should be able to lock the front up at the same height as if you had juice. the front suspenion on all SLA type cars is always limited to the capabilities of the control arms. That is why I say you might want to look into making different brackets. As for the rear, I am using the same style bag as a 2500, and Dan uses 2600 all the way around. The rear all depends on clearance problems.

#8 ·
what Curt is trying to say, in his confusing canadian way, is, that sometimes the brackets do not make full use of the stroke of the bags..

if you're dropped all the way, and the bag is not fully compressed, then thats a problem.. because now that much of the stroke of the bag is wasted...

instead of new brackets, you may be able to take a piece of 4" black pipe cut to the height you want, weld a flat plate on top with a hole in the center, and use it on the bottom of the bag, like a spacer..

#12 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Foompla@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 PM
does this mean that nobody has pics of modified brackets?
modified in what way?[/b][/quote]
in any way. to allow the full stroke of the bag.

#20 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 06:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--hydryan@Nov 14 2003, 07:07 PM
Instead of spacing it, you could just lower the bracket so that the bag fully compresses, and gives more lift.
ok, I'll bite,

how in the world would you lower a bracket??[/b][/quote]
:confused: :confused: :confused:

#21 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 05:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 05:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--hydryan@Nov 14 2003, 07:07 PM
Instead of spacing it, you could just lower the bracket so that the bag fully compresses, and gives more lift.
ok, I'll bite,

how in the world would you lower a bracket??[/b][/quote]
and create more lift???????????

#22 ·
the only problem with modifying the brackets is that im sure the bag is already completely compressed. what about those slam specialty bags? i heard they ride like shit. they have some with like 7 or 8 inches of lift. i know if i lock up at 6 inches, 7 or 8 inches of travel isnt going to help me.basically im not locking up and i want to.i think ill leave the 9000 in the rear for now, they actually give alot of lift.its just the front im trying to improve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.