LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
York were used quite frequently in these applications. The differance being that you will be lkooking for a 210 model. Which is actually the most common. I would go by what pulley you need when looking.

If you need a serpentine pulley (6 groove).... you are wasting your time at a junkyard. You will only find the compressor. Most of the Yorks use a double v belt pulley.

I have the info on a guy that sells remanufactured yorks with 6 groove pulleys (clutch) already installed. They sell for close to 300.00.

I have heard you can buy the clutch (serpentine for around 115.00) at oinboardair.

You are on the right path....try Volvos, old Fords, or even older Jeeps if you are interested in a Sanden.

A Sanden compressor is great for on board air where space is an issue. They are much smaller than the York but still do the job (in-line oiler needed). People are afraid to use them because THEY say they are slower than the Yorks and are more difficult. I disagree from experiance. Mounted an oiler on my Sanden 508 and i am NOT compalining.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by 2ManyFatRides@Sep 19 2005, 08:17 AM~3841937
York were used quite frequently in these applications. The differance being that you will be lkooking for a 210 model. Which is actually the most common. I would go by what pulley you need when looking.

If you need a serpentine pulley (6 groove).... you are wasting your time at a junkyard. You will only find the compressor. Most of the Yorks use a double v belt pulley.

I have the info on a guy that sells remanufactured yorks with 6 groove pulleys (clutch) already installed. They sell for close to 300.00.

I have heard you can buy the clutch (serpentine for around 115.00) at oinboardair.

You are on the right path....try Volvos, old Fords, or even older Jeeps if you are interested in a Sanden.

A Sanden compressor is great for on board air where space is an issue. They are much smaller than the York but still do the job (in-line oiler needed). People are afraid to use them because THEY say they are slower than the Yorks and are more difficult. I disagree from experiance. Mounted an oiler on my Sanden 508 and i am NOT compalining.

Good luck!!

Older Jeeps will be a york 210, especially the Wagoneers.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by tupacrida4life@Sep 26 2005, 11:38 PM~3891401
can a york be added to any engine?
Short of the engine being too weak to run it, I would say yes. The problem then becomes how do you mount it? Is there enough room to fit it in there? You will find that it is difficult to get a ready-made bracket for these things. You are going to have to fabricate something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts