LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my question:

I'm wanna put hydro's on my ride next month but know next to nothing about it.. I want to no the pro's and con's about hydro's from you guys that already have hydro's. Is it necessary to reinforce the frame? chains ?want kind of routine maintenance do you guys do? and how trouble free are hydro's how long do the Batt.s last before you need new ones. Im not gonna hop the car just want clown a lil and be able to lay low when parked.
need some advice on what to do and not to do

Thanks for your time and advice

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by doobie@Jan 13 2004, 07:52 AM
Here's my question:

I'm wanna put hydro's on my ride next month but know next to nothing about it.. I want to no the pro's and con's about hydro's from you guys that already have hydro's. want kind of routine maintenance do you guys do? and how trouble free are hydro's how long do the Batt.s last before you need new ones. Im not gonna hop the car just want clown a lil and be able to lay low when parked.
need some advice on what to do and not to do

Thanks for your time and advice
Q: Is it necessary to reinforce the frame? chains ?

A:Yes if you plan to 3 wheel or hop,but if your new just starting out i would just get a basic setup 2 pumps 4 batterys,till you get the hang of thangs and you could always upgrade/more batterys,chains,reinforce,hopping dumps etc. (more volts the more problems breaking things you could run into if your new to the switches)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Q:want kind of routine maintenance do you guys do? and how trouble free are hydro's how long do the Batt.s last before you need new ones.

A:Check up on all your o-rings,deep cycles last a while just don't never let your setup get fully dead/like if you notice it's get really slow..... charge them one by one or with multi charger...cause hittin the switches with batterys low cause arc welds in motor and solenoids causing them to burn out faster and kill batterys....you maintain your setup well and not go crazy with them you should be fine,(never hold the switches either) there momentary so all u have to do is tap the switch a few times to raise up.....

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
you'll need to reinforce (box) the rear trailingarms wich ever setup you plan to go with, allso anything over 2 ton springs and 2 pumps at 36 volts require frame reinforcements, crossmember, rearhumps and every spot that's not boxed is the weakest frame parts.
deep cycle batts only. if you do a chaine bridge you'll need a full frame reinforcement or the car will bend/buckle. allso stiffer bodymounts is adviceable (keeps the quarters from buckeling)
extending the upper a-arms relifes alot of stress from the balljoints so that's a good advice too...

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
and tap the switch dont hold it....also try not to overlock the cylinders

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 13 2004, 05:44 AM
you'll need to reinforce (box) the rear trailingarms wich ever setup you plan to go with, allso anything over 2 ton springs and 2 pumps at 36 volts require frame reinforcements, crossmember, rearhumps and every spot that's not boxed is the weakest frame parts.
deep cycle batts only. if you do a chaine bridge you'll need a full frame reinforcement or the car will bend/buckle. allso stiffer bodymounts is adviceable (keeps the quarters from buckeling)
extending the upper a-arms relifes alot of stress from the balljoints so that's a good advice too...
damn all that is necessary just to clown around? dont really want to hop the car. how much is the average cost to reenforce the frame?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 13 2004, 07:42 AM
whats overlock?
Thanks guys for the all replys so far

Last edited by doobie at Jan 13 2004, 11:24 AM

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by doobie+Jan 13 2004, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doobie @ Jan 13 2004, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--enough_talkin@Jan 13 2004, 07:42 AM
whats overlock?
Thanks guys for the all replys so far[/b][/quote]
overlocking is when the cylinder is up all the way and you keep trying to extend it more...you will probably overlock a few times starting out and you will know when you do it...and if know someone that welds you could probably get away with reinforcing the frame yourself if you have decent mechanical skills

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by doobie+Jan 13 2004, 06:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doobie @ Jan 13 2004, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 13 2004, 05:44 AM
damn all that is necessary just to clown around? dont really want to hop the car. how much is the average cost to reenforce the frame?[/b][/quote]
if you wanna do it right, yes it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts