LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 64 SS, be my 3rd and won't be selling this one! Car has serious issues. Originally a manual trans, some goofball put a powerglide in it. Have no idea what trans/bellhousing to put behind the 1992 crate engine currently in car, an ho350. Tips? Also have to replace frame. Anyone know of one in our vicinity? When removing body should I tack weld doors in place or remove them and "x" brace door openings and x from door frame to rear wheel well. Any advice greatly appreciated

·
16,068 Posts
I would go with a 700r4 trans with the 350. The th350 is good also and a bit cheaper. Personally i would only go with the th350 if your plan is bigger rearend gears as well. I have a couple cars with both and the 700 will end up in all of them as soon as the th350's burn out or start leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with a 700r4 trans with the 350. The th350 is good also and a bit cheaper. Personally i would only go with the th350 if your plan is bigger rearend gears as well. I have a couple cars with both and the 700 will end up in all of them as soon as the th350's burn out or start leaking.
Guess i should've specified. Will be going back with 4 speed manual trans, but i do appreciate the input

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1990 cadillac fleetwood coupe with the skirts I just got some wire wheels for it problem is I went to put on the adapter and the wheel hub lip is in the way wanted to see if I would be OK if I just cut it until it's flat or if there is something else I can do about it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pic from March 2016. Drove for a month, something wasn't right.. pulled carpet found sheet metal screwed to floor, removed screws found the muffler.. all 6 body mounts in rear where rusted away.. been a nightmare..

Finally off of jackstands and rollin again after 25 months.. only sheet metal original to car right quarter, roof, right rocker, hood, trunk, dash.

Been real interesting . Never done anything like this..

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dam i give it to you most people would have given up. Nice to see someone save a classic. Looks good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts