LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have checked out this site a lot of times and love it, i havent posted just admired you lucky guys with the cool rides. So firstly my name's Pete and I just got out of hospital after a very close glimpse of dying in a car accident where it absolutely totalled my car, it looked like it was throwen out of a plane and wrecked bad. I survived though, luckily, i had broken bones and severe head injuries but am getting better. i have like 5 months left before i am allowed to drive again.

SO! to the point now..... I have always loved lowriders, my last car sat an inch and a half from the ground full time and i loved it.
Now that i need to buy a new car, i am curious about the Chevy Caprices, somewhere between '70s to the early 90's and would love to know how they hold up with reliability and higher milage etc?
Secondly I would love to use wire wheels but being that it will be a daily driver i would like to air bag it instead of hydro's (as cool as they are) has anyone dne this to a Caprice and was it simple enough? no heavy duty mods needed to be done?

Thank you guys a lot for any time you may spare to help me out, i got a while to go so I am making sure my research is done well

·
Registered
900 Posts
ive got a 73 caprice. best car ive ever owned. before i lifted it it just floated along at any speed on 14inch wires. if you can find one @ a good price go with a early 70's.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
the box chevy is one of the best cars chevrolet ever made

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Originally posted by pistolpete@Sep 8 2005, 10:47 AM~3776031
hi guys, i have checked out this site a lot of times and love it, i havent posted just admired you lucky guys with the cool rides. So firstly my name's Pete and I just got out of hospital after a very close glimpse of dying in a car accident where it absolutely totalled my car, it looked like it was throwen out of a plane and wrecked bad. I survived though, luckily, i had broken bones and severe head injuries but am getting better. i have like 5 months left before i am allowed to drive again.

SO! to the point now..... I have always loved lowriders, my last car sat an inch and a half from the ground full time and i loved it.
  Now that i need to buy a new car, i am curious about the Chevy Caprices, somewhere between '70s to the early 90's and would love to know how they hold up with reliability and higher milage etc?
  Secondly I would love to use wire wheels but being that it will be a daily driver i would like to air bag it instead of hydro's (as cool as they are) has anyone dne this to a Caprice and was it simple enough? no heavy duty mods needed to be done?

Thank you guys a lot for any time you may spare to help me out, i got a while to go so I am making sure my research is done well

sorry to hear about the wreck. glad to hear you made it. if you want bags you should probably go with a 90's caprice(big body).
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fo rthe replys guys. i'm really liking the caprice indeed, i think that will be a great start for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts