LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gotta 94 s-10 with hydros, 2 pumps 4 batts, 8'' cylinders in front and 10''s in back, would it hurt to put 14,16...20 inch cylinders in the rear? i have ladder bars not leafs. im tryin to do a phat standing 3 but iv herd that if i go too big of cylinders it will push my drive shaft up into my tranny. any suggestions??? thanx

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Thats true about the driveshaft going into the tranny, You'll have to get a custom driveshaft. I'm having to get one as well to accommadate some 24" I have.
You can put as big of a cylinder back there as you like if you don't mind all the mods.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 3 2003, 10:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 3 2003, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--westrides@Oct 3 2003, 10:15 PM
3 pumps 2 to the rear and chainbridge it
This doesn't answer his question.....[/b][/quote]
tru.....so are you sayin that its impossible to do a standing 3 wheel with only a 2 pump, 4 dump set-up???? oh and i do have a chain bridge already

Last edited by S10Sk8inOnChrome at Oct 4 2003, 12:43 AM

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by S10Sk8inOnChrome+Oct 4 2003, 12:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10Sk8inOnChrome @ Oct 4 2003, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 10:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--westrides
@Oct 3 2003, 10:15 PM
3 pumps 2 to the rear and chainbridge it

This doesn't answer his question.....
tru.....so are you sayin that its impossible to do a standing 3 wheel with only a 2 pump, 4 dump set-up???? oh and i do have a chain bridge already[/b][/quote]
No, its very possible. I see it all the time w/ 2pumps & 4dumps.

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
it would be very hard to make a s10 do standint 3 with out a chain bridge, and as far as the "custom" drive shaft goes, u will have to have a slip yoke drive shaft made, the higher the truck raises= the closer the rear axel moves foward, so if u go to hight then the drive shaft pushes into your tranny causeing very expensive noises,

heres a s10 with 16s in the rear, a custom 4link and no drive shaft mods

Last edited by impala_631 at Oct 4 2003, 05:46 AM

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone know about how much a slip yoke drive shaft would cost for a 94 s-10??

·
Registered
4,710 Posts

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
the only way i ever seen a two pump lift into a 3 wheel would be to drop on one side front totally locked position... and slowly tap tap tap the front back up ...

not really a standing three but a complex try this try tis and then do this ... tell me if it works

it's all about wieght distribution .... and if you got 10"cylinders and a chain on a single gate rear you would almost have to chain the rear at 4 inches and add another pump .....

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok "technicly u dont have to do any drive shaft mod because it dosent go up the full 14 or 16 if u have 8 or 10in cylinders now and it dosent bind u should be all set because one side off the rear end goes up and the other stay in the same place so the hight of the middle of the rear end is only about half the hight of the outside wheel i duno if it makes sence but it how it works :cool:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by phat2600@Oct 5 2003, 02:12 PM
ok "technicly u dont have to do any drive shaft mod because it dosent go up the full 14 or 16 if u have 8 or 10in cylinders now and it dosent bind u should be all set because one side off the rear end goes up and the other stay in the same place so the hight of the middle of the rear end is only about half the hight of the outside wheel i duno if it makes sence but it how it works :cool:
Makes good sense, never looked at it that way... :thumbsup:

U

·
0 Posts
any thing is possible with a chain. i own a s10 no drive shaft mods, 2 pump 4 dump 8's and 16's does standing 3 and reverse 3 with just a chain wrapped around the notch and the axle. just slam it all the way down and rais it all up does a 34 inch standing 3 ( make sure your frame is well supported )

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
How stupid , I cant belive how many times that topic was posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts