LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yo, Usually on carpices, S10 cups are ran up front, that or custom bracktes. And out back, custom ones are used. MY boy bagged his carpice and that is the setuip he used, s10front brackets, and custom rears, with my kit, and it worked great. Pretty damn fast too, just what he wanted. Lata

Josh

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Use 2600's front and back, they will fit.

Last edited by Envious Touch at Dec 22 2003, 12:14 AM

·
Registered
89 Posts
you should slam on 22's. ive seen a couple bagged caprices and SS impalas with 22's and it looks sick man. the wheels will butterfly a bit but looks bomb. but thats just me, i think 20's are too small for bubbles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey man i had to register just to reply... to get a bagged caprice to lay out on 20's

front
1.you must remove the inner wheel well up front
2. you cant use you factory hood shocks (they hit the tire)
3.you have to trim some metal on the frame around the lower control arm so it can travel more
4.remove the sway bar trash it)
5. need to notch the frame for tie rod clearance.
this will get you about a half inch from laying in the front have to get drop spindles to lay compleatly

rear
1. you need to extend you upper and lowe factory 4 link bars 3/4 inch to center the rear wheel
2. you need at least a 2 in notch in the frame for extra travel
3. be sure to re route abs and brake line becous the link bar will crunch em (found out the hard way)
that should do it.

run 2600 bags all the way more travel and a much better ride. as for line size i run 3/8 valves with 1/2 line at 180 psi and it pretty quick. would recomend at least 10 gal of air and 2 viair 450s

hope this helps if you need anything else let me know

·
Registered
139 Posts
airliftcompany.com has a good kit I've used,reasonably priced too.Plus the have a bag that has 8" lift with very little expansion at all.It is a also smaller diameter than firestone bags,like the 2600#bag. :biggrin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 91 Caprice layed out on 18's frame on the ground from front to back and doing someof the things that tbranscom said i also have to notch the bad ass cross member thats behind the rear seat and also raise my driveshaft tunnel up to 2 inch at the rear seat, so what im trying to say is "dont be afaid to cut"

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by streetlevelcreations@Dec 29 2003, 09:07 AM
I have a 91 Caprice layed out on 18's frame on the ground from front to back and doing someof the things that tbranscom said i also have to notch the bad ass cross member thats behind the rear seat and also raise my driveshaft tunnel up to 2 inch at the rear seat, so what im trying to say is "dont be afaid to cut"
'DON'T BE AFRAID TO CUT'COMING FROM A GUY WHO IS AFRAID TO BODY DROP HIS CAPRICE :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Is there anybody out there who sells JUST the brackets for Caprices? Everybody I've found sells complete kits.

Any leads are seriously appreciated!!! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
57 Posts
man i compleatly forgot about taking the hump out from under the rear seat, i know what your sayin about dont be afaid to cut .. i about out of metal...
body droopin a caprice is pretty tuff the main thing if your runnin 20' theyll stic up higher than the top of the fenders you have to modify the fenders and where the hood rest. in my opinion more trouble than its worth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i WILL SELL YOU A KIT FOR 1750 SHIPPED THIS IS THE FASTEST AND BULLET PROOF KIT ON THE MARKET

2 3/4HRS COMPRESSOR
8 DIRECT ACTION VALVES
4 2600 BAGS
HOSE AND FITTING KIT
10 SWITCH PREWIRED SWITCH BOX
FRONT AND REAR BRACKETS
ALL RELAYS AND CIRCUIT BEAKERS
2 6 GALLON TANK
1 150PSI PRESSURE SWITCH

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Dec 29 2003, 01:44 PM
Is there anybody out there who sells JUST the brackets for Caprices? Everybody I've found sells complete kits.

Any leads are seriously appreciated!!! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Jeff
I can set you up with direct bolt on front and rear brackets, drop shock and shock relocators for $450 shipped.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts