LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some fleetwood 2dr rockers, need help installing them. Do I need to know the exact placement of the factory rivets to transfer to my coupe n do I need to drill the 2 holes thru the door to install the piece that goes there? Do I need to know the distance from edge of door to where hole is and apply the measurement on my doors?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Id say line everything up where it screws to the car and then outline where the rockers go over the fenders and rear quarters. then remove and measure down from the top of the rocker to the inside lip and then screw the clips to your body panels. The doors is what Im not sure about cause the clips are wore out to where the trim would just fall off. I got to do more research to see if I can buy or make some type of fastener. I'll start working on mine in a few days. I'll post pics in my buil up :cool:

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What's up kakalak! That's some good advice there. My clips for the door pieces that go thru the door are in good shape and all the other ones related to that piece and the others. For the rear its held on at the edge of the wheel well trim screw, then one clip that goes thru rear filler. So theres a gap between body n rear rocker. No clips inbetween but i do have them. I even measured the factory rivets off the car but misplaced that. So that's why I posted this to see what others do. What size of rivets are used? Can I use some self threading screws instead of rivets for the clips?later :)

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
I got some stainless steel screws that are used as replacements for the factory T Studs. I can send you a couple for 10 bucks shipped. I closed up the holes in my fillers so now I have to open them back up :uh: Im missing 2 clips I believe that go through the doors..... the ones that have the nut on the back. i got the plastic clips for mine. I would mount the rockers and then place the t studs screws instead of measuring off another car.... I know they are the same car but some cars could be tweaked a little different and might give you problems.

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got them installed just a few hours ago, wasn't hard at all as i thought it would be. Just need to place the ones on the doors, that will wait until i get some titanium drill bits so that i can drill through the door. Also I used the advise from Kakalak on the holes to prevent rust since i used the self tapping screws...

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the door pieces installed, took advice from kakalak n I used nail polish to mark up the pegs on the clips to see where I need to drill the holes through the door. I wld have never thought of that...looks nice with all that chrome...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts