LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys i have a 74 ford ltd with a big trunk and i need to fill it with some loud,clear,deep bass and i was thinking of 2 W7 13's! what do you think and are they any good or i was thinking of RcokfordFosgate T1's 15's two of em so what should i go with

if nether subs are good whats a good sub that can tost these in about the 400-600 price range each sub thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would do 4 12"s ported then youd be hella loud and still have room in the trunk for the choppa or the pistol grip mossy

·
Registered
931 Posts
those are nice butunless you wanna spend a few grand on amps, alternators, batteries, and wiring I'd go with somthing difrent.........but not w7's them shit are way over priced

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
W7"s r onley like 550 for a 13

·
Registered
931 Posts
so thats an $1,100 budget for subs? you can do much better

check my thread titled "the audiobahns beating my rearview into submision!"

thats 2 $180 subs runing at 600rms and the are flexing my windsheild, roof,and rear qaurters and they shake and rattle anything thing that hasent ben spray foam and dynamted yet (they cand handle 1000wrms each )

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damm i herd alot of bad stuff about audiobahn but im begining to like bro! what is that box tuned to?? how much cubic feet?? wehre did u get em at?

·
Registered
931 Posts
its tuned top 38 hz 5 cubes my bro came up on them used in utah while he was in the air force and shipped them down here to west tx to me

but most audio shops should be able to get them ....at an audio shop you will get a better deal probly than ordering online cuae they will cut you a deal if you get your subs and amps at the same time ........

just finde a shop that can get audiobahn stuff and ask for the aw1205q's

but if you wanna shit on my system I suggest the aw1505q"s 15.5" subs 1200 rms

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ay bro can you talke alot of of pics of the system and help me out with that?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damm bro those are tiny as hell! the magnet is small! and it sounds like that!

hows the SQL??

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by junbug27@Sep 26 2006, 09:55 PM~6251088
x2 on these...at 2000RMS a sub...cant beat it for $349! Just good luck on finding cheap amps for these.

:cool:

my would you get a nice woofer and feed it bullshit power from a cheap amp?

i say keep it consistant, if your gonna get a nice amplifier, you owe it to the amp to hook it up to a nice woofer! and that goes both ways

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Sep 27 2006, 08:40 AM~6254200
my would you get a nice woofer and feed it bullshit power from a cheap amp?

i say keep it consistant, if your gonna get a nice amplifier, you owe it to the amp to hook it up to a nice woofer! and that goes both ways
I didnt mean it in the sense that he should go out and get some Urban Audio amps to power these...I meant it in a way that for the price he'd pay for the subs he wont be able to spend the same for a quality amplifier to drive these.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
873 Posts
if you have a grand to blow on subs, check out re and fi. you can spend half on one 15, and still have plenty left for a good high quality amp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts