LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight you guys i have a stock 4.3 fuel injection monte carlo v6. i was driving around the other day and it was coo. but the next morning when i started it, it would just crank but wouldnt run the motor? what could be wrong wit it? my gas is at half tank and my oil is full. i tried putting gas in the throttle body and start it up but it would just choke and die. please help me out. this is my everyday car and i need to go to work!!! thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you feed gas right into the injection and it starts but then dies, it has to be fuel rated. The car is starting on the gas your providing, but it's not getting any fuel to keep it going. I say it's probably your fuel pump. Those things can work fine one minute and not another.

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you smell gas above the engine after you tried starting it, then your fuel pump is ok. have a buddy try to start the car while you lift the power wire running to the center of the distributor off the cap just a bit to see if you have power to the distributor, you'll see the electricity 'jump' across the gap. if you have power to that point, it could be a bad distributor cap. look closely for obvious damage, cracks, etc. you might have to take it off and look closely.

if you do not smell gas after attempting to start, it most likely is the fuel pump or possibly a bad fuel pump relay which is used to turn off the fuel pump should the car roll over (like in an accident). i know GM uses them, but i'm sorry, i don't know for sure that your car has one...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
yeah, definately ignition modulator. it's actually called an "EF" or "EN" ignition modulator, but it's definately that... replace it, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
its not your fuel pump because you sprayed fluid into the throotle bottle and it didnt started. it could be your cap and rotor or just the distributor itself

·
Registered
92 Posts
Actually 76sevilleman, not to start anything, but in his original post, he did say that when he sprayed in the throttle body, it DID start then it died. I'm staying with my original idea that it's fuel related. IF he sprayed inside the throttle body and it started like he said, then it's not spark related otherwise it wouldn't of hit and started off of the spray either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
most likely its the fuel filter i had the same problem with my 86 2dr caprice and it was the doing the same things, i changed the fuel filter under the passenger door and it was staring and running perfectly, (i still got an air leak from a head gasket though hehe)

how bout u stop playin with the LS and sell it to me anyways

i'll put some 24s on that bitch
and post it on LIL for a hated topic hehehe

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
"i tried putting gas in the throttle body and start it up but it would just choke and die."

if that does mean that it ran once you put gas in the intake then ofcourse it is fuel related! but the way i read that, was that it would not fire on the fuel added directly to the intake.

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by luxsporton22z@Oct 26 2003, 09:19 PM
aight you guys i have a stock 4.3 fuel injection monte carlo v6. i was driving around the other day and it was coo. but the next morning when i started it, it would just crank but wouldnt run the motor? what could be wrong wit it? my gas is at half tank and my oil is full. i tried putting gas in the throttle body and start it up but it would just choke and die. please help me out. this is my everyday car and i need to go to work!!! thanks!
I think them big-ass wheels got to the car and it's on strike, shit if I was that Monte, I wouldn't fire up until you put some 13X7's on my ass. Change them wheels and the thing should fire right up ;) It's probably just embarassed of you using bigfoot's wheels on it. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts