LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 Cutlass. And My heater blow's out air. But the air dont get hot..???? :uh: Please help thank you

·
Registered
220 Posts
check the air mixture door... does it open? If so, you might have a clog in the heater core. If not, the mixture door is the problem. Sometimes they are vacuum controlled and and the vac hose fall of or is damaged.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by hotrodhomi@Nov 12 2008, 08:09 AM~12133872
check the air mixture door... does it open? If so, you might have a clog in the heater core. If not, the mixture door is the problem. Sometimes they are vacuum controlled and and the vac hose fall of or is damaged.
x2

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
do u have a thermostat?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Nov 15 2008, 11:07 PM~12169053
do u have a thermostat?
That shouldnt have any effect on the operation of the heater core.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by racerboy@Nov 16 2008, 10:28 AM~12170785
That shouldnt have any effect on the operation of the heater core.

no asshole it does depend on the fucken tempature of the water, the water will never heat up

unless hes been driving the car for about an hour, and even at that, it might not even be as warm

i have a cutlass, i ran it the first couple weeks of a winter without a thermostat and froze my ass off, bought a cheap one to last for the winter and my heater fucken worked

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea thermastat could deff be a problem cuz if its not opening then the engine would over heat but if its staying open then the water wouldnt heat up so it could be that. but sometimes it juss needs a really nice flush and some sulfuric acid and the heater core will become unplugged (old plumber trick for copper drains)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts