LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

need help deciding on subs

1K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  91lacdeville 
#1 ·
Ok I am trying to help my friend put together his first system but he is looking to only spend about 200 on subs. He also really wants to get some cheap ass sony stuff or stuff from CC or BB so he can put it in right away but i am trying to convince him to order shit off the internet. I am also trying to convince him that i know alot more about car audio than him and his friends. so here are some of the subs that i cam up with.
1 RE 12 0r 15 SE
2 Kicker 12 L7
3 Autotek meam machine 12 or 15
4 2 12 Autotek SS
5 power acoustik mofo 12 or 15

He is like most people and is mainly looking for spl but i want to make sure that he will have goo sq as well. any suggestions

Last edited by 91lacdeville at Oct 1 2003, 01:36 PM

#2 ·
#5- power acoustik mofo- my friend just got one, hes going to hook it up to a jbl 1200.1.... but it hasnt come yet so i cant tell you how it sounds.

but i can tell you that i have a power acoustik fubr. its the series down from the mofo. i got 800 watts into it and its reeeaaly loud. the sound quality isnt bad to me.... maybe to some experts it could be better. but i have nothing bad at all to say about power acoustiks and i actually OWN one. once we have the mofo hooked up i can reply on here an tell you what i think of it. but power acoustik seems like a good sub for the money.

#3 ·
i would vote the mean machince. you and i both know the re has no sq and all my feinds have l7s so i just cant stand them. i love autotek products, and due to the fact you can buy the PA at best buy it looses points with me.

#5 ·
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Oct 1 2003, 02:01 PM
i would vote the mean machince. you and i both know the re has no sq and all my feinds have l7s so i just cant stand them. i love autotek products, and due to the fact you can buy the PA at best buy it looses points with me.
well i heard that the se were alright for sq and i thought maybe the sq has improved with the new series. I also i always wanted an re sub and i figured i might as well make him get one since i cant afford any except for th re8 right now. Ther also usedto be that one guy on here that had the mean machines and loved them alot. But i was thinkin the 2 ss would have more displacement = more spl and more surface area = better sq but i need to check the stats and do the math or maybe get someone else to do it for me.

#14 ·
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Dec 22 2003, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Dec 22 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Royal Homie@Dec 21 2003, 08:11 PM
Yo 91lacdeville I've been sending you pms hit me up.
Yo 91lacdeville get back to me.[/b][/quote]
ya, i accidentally deleted it the first time. I will get back to you tommorrow or later today after i finish my paper.

#15 ·
well this is too easy if he wants sql and you say, you think hes needs some sq then why not get a jl w7 you stupid fucker! lets see 5 PA mofos are 170 each on Sounddomain a authorized site which is always good. so 170x5= $850 so go to lockdownaudio.com and buy a 13" w7 for 599.99$ and a good amp and right box and he'll hit 144.5dbs and still have good sq

#20 ·
Originally posted by LiquidFire@Dec 23 2003, 01:05 PM
dont listen to 91lacdeville hes doesnt know his shit. hes thinks kickers l7 are good for SPL bahahaha!
What kind of competitions do you compete in. Go do some research on the number of people in the db drag finals who use XXX's and then find the number of people who used l7's

#21 ·
Originally posted by LiquidFire@Dec 23 2003, 12:05 PM
dont listen to 91lacdeville  hes doesnt know his shit. hes thinks kickers l7 are good for SPL bahahaha!
Actually, 91lacdeville does know his shit for the most part and L7's are good for SPL. L7's are notorious in dB Drag (Street Classes) and are in a couple Super Street and Extreme cars. People use L7's more than XXX's when it comes to pure SPL competitions.

Last edited by ls123 at Dec 23 2003, 12:19 PM

#24 ·
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Dec 23 2003, 07:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Dec 23 2003, 07:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -91lacdeville@Dec 22 2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by -Royal Homie@Dec 22 2003, 04:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Royal Homie
@Dec 21 2003, 08:11 PM
Yo 91lacdeville I've been sending you pms hit me up.

Yo 91lacdeville get back to me.

ya, i accidentally deleted it the first time. I will get back to you tommorrow or later today after i finish my paper.
I sent you the original pm cause you said you accidentally deleted. And in the pm could you tell me the best subs and amp and audio? Thanks. Hit me up homie.[/b][/quote]
i responded to the pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.