LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I LIFTED MY FRONT NOW THEY WONT DUMP. HOW WOLD I WIRE ALL MY DUMPS?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 20 2010, 11:01 PM~16948321
OK I LIFTED MY FRONT NOW THEY WONT DUMP. HOW WOLD I WIRE ALL MY DUMPS?
you wire them to your swich :biggrin: dump wires on top,solenoid wire on bottom,make sure they are grounded right-doesnt matter which wire you use for positive or ground :yes:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Mar 20 2010, 09:05 PM~16948354
you wire them to your swich  :biggrin: dump wires on top,solenoid wire on bottom,make sure they are grounded right-doesnt matter which wire you use for positive or ground :yes:
Adding to that the ground is crucial. Best place to ground is the rack.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I DO HAVE IT GROUND TO THE RACK BUT IT WILL LIFT BUT WONT DUMP

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 20 2010, 11:09 PM~16948386
I DO HAVE IT GROUND TO THE RACK BUT IT WILL LIFT BUT WONT DUMP
if your rack is grounded to the same place your pumps are yes :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Mar 20 2010, 11:12 PM~16948423
if your rack is grounded to the same place your pumps(which it should all be on frame) then yes  :biggrin:
you can also ground to pump block to clean it up a bit :yessad:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I HAVE MY BANK UNDER MY SEAT SO I CAN DISCONNECT MY SHIT IF WHEN IM DRIVING AND NOT TRY TO RUSH TO PULL OVER AND OPEN THE TRUCK

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 20 2010, 11:14 PM~16948441
I HAVE MY BANG UNDER MY SEAT SO I CAN DISCONNECT MY SHIT IF WHEN IM DRIVING AND NOT TRY TO RUSH TO PULL OVER AND OPEN THE TRUNK
fixed
good idea but dont say much bout your other grounds :dunno: lil more info needed

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MY BANK IS UNDER MY SEAT. AND MY DUMPS ARE GROUNDED TO MY RACK

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 20 2010, 11:18 PM~16948474
MY BANK IS UNDER MY SEAT. AND MY DUMPS ARE GROUNDED TO MY RACK
so rack welded on body or frame? welder disconnect hooked to body or frame? pumps on rack or trunk floor? and by "bank" i hope you mean disconnect,and not a real "bank" which is batterys in series :dunno:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MY DISCONNECT IS HOOKED TO MY BODY AND IT RUNS TO MY FIRST BATTERY. MY RACK IS WELDED TO MY FRAME

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
is this the first time the hydros are working or did the dumps work before and now all of a sudden they stopped working? what kind of dumps and one or two to the front? is your slowdown open?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 20 2010, 11:27 PM~16948562
MY DISCONNECT IS HOOKED TO MY BODY AND IT RUNS TO MY FIRST BATTERY. MY RACK IS WELDED TO MY FRAME
theres 1st problem,if rack n pumps are hooked to frame,your ground cant be on body-needs to be on frame,then ground dumps to rack or pump block once disconnect is grounded to frame :cool:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well it was working before i just put a new motor on my front pump and new noids to the front. and its work fine but now it only wants to lift. i have blowproof dumps and only 1 to the front. here is my set up. before i took the middle pump motor to replace it

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
well i dont see a slowdown so thats not the problem... sounds like either a wire got disconnected somewhere or its pressure locked. maybe crack open a front hose to take some pressure off to see if it pressure locked, and check the wires to the dump to see if they are cut somewhere... you could also touch the dump wire directly to power and if the dump works it will drop.

·
Registered
695 Posts
+1 crack open the front lines the littlest bit to bleed off preassure

and then try and directly jump your dump to battery +
12v or 24v

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So Like This

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Westcoastdon530@Mar 21 2010, 12:40 AM~16949241
So Like This

thatll work too-strait to batt-but rack/block is better-less spaghetti wires,but 24v pos works better and ground to rack/block

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok

1 - 19 of 19 Posts