LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Need help on mounting pumps as close as possible

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kiloz El Unico 
#1 ·
I want to get these in the spare tire well on my car , so i spun the blocks , can new holes be drilled and tapped on the bottom , is there any oil passages i have to worry about , and with the mounting holes already there can one block be drilled completely drilled threw and a bolt ran threw and screw into the other block , kinda need them touching if possable to get them as compact as possible , dumps will be on the out side of each pump

See less See more
#2 ·
I want to get these in the spare tire well on my car , so i spun the blocks , can new holes be drilled and tapped on the bottom , is there any oil passages i have to worry about , and with the mounting holes already there can one block be drilled completely drilled threw and a bolt ran threw and screw into the other block , kinda need them touching if possable to get them as compact as possible , dumps will be on the out side of each pump

View attachment 2024310 View attachment 2024311
So you just want to make the holes larger to accept a larger bolt?

#3 ·
Even if you were able to bolt them to one another, what would be mounting them to your trunk floor?

I understand what you're wanting to do...

You want the pumps mounted sideways with the ports facing either side... -instead of bolting them together, you might be able to drill the part of the blocks that now faces your trunk floor and bolt them down that way...

#4 ·
Even if you were able to bolt them to one another, what would be mounting them to your trunk floor?

I understand what you're wanting to do...

You want the pumps mounted sideways with the ports facing either side... -instead of bolting them together, you might be able to drill the part of the blocks that now faces your trunk floor and bolt them down that way...
Im sure Hoppos can mill something up that has ports on each side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.