LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just started overheating today I let it sit there for a couple of minutes and it over heats on me .............my fans work .........like on late October My mechanic change the head gasket and water pump ..........................just saying .................I don't now wut is it ? .....

·
THE ENTREPRENEUR
3,714 Posts
It just started overheating today I let it sit there for a couple of minutes and it over heats on me .............my fans work .........like on late October My mechanic change the head gasket and water pump ..........................just saying .................I don't now wut is it ? .....
Thermastat? Also water pump could have gone bad but not likely...start with thermastat its a cheap and easy fix...start cheap and work your way up

·
Registered
871 Posts
Bleed your coolant using the bleed screw on the top of the thermostat housing. Also, note that the LT1 thermostat is different than the earlier SB Chevy stats.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
On my LT1 i've got an air bleed screw right on the water neck where the thremostat is located. Last time when i did my heater core, i had trouble with overheating after due to air in the lines and ended up just leaving the front end jacked up overnight and using that bleeder screw to get all the air out.

Are both hoses coming from the heater core the same temp? upper and lower hoses the same temp?

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
it was my thermostat change it and i let it sit for a couple of minutes then drove my car back home and didn't overheat hopefully i solved dat problem
Easy way to check the thermostat is put it in a pot of water on the stove with a thermometer and visually watch for it to open as it gets to 180-190 degrees. Takes 10 minutes and might be worth the piece of mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.