LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
excuse me, i am having teribble trouble with my 95 fleetwood...the thing is that shit keeps on overheating...i replace my thermostat and it was coo for a month...now its started to overheat again...i check my fan and that shit doesnt turn on until i turn on the heat and also only one fan spin....anything comment will help....thanks..

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Common problem with these cars. Yes, make sure to check the fans. My computer went bad on one of my 94's, and it wasnt turning on the fan. Either replace the computer (about $300), or run a switch to turn on the fan and have it running most of the time. Good luck, your going to need it!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its funny though cause when i unplug the wire going to the fan it actually turns on but my engine lights come on..and when i plug the fan back on it doesnt spin and my engine light goes back off..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can someone checc if their fan spins when u first start the car cause both my fans doesnt spin...even after an hour of driving ..i just got a brand new radiator but so far its aight...

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by LaCdOuT@Sep 9 2005, 11:42 PM~3786681
can someone checc if their fan spins when u first start the car cause both my fans doesnt spin...even after an hour of driving ..i just got  a brand new radiator but so far its aight...
I'll check mine for ya right now homie

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
most electric fans turn on after the car reaches a specific temp, any mechanic should be able to tell you what your turn on temp is, their are different temps. When you have dull fans their should be two different temps for each fan. If the fans turn on after it reaches its turn on temp, then your problem is probably your head gaskets, heads, and check for water in your oil pan.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man i hope it aint my gasket...i just paid 550 for my radiator..the only time it comes on is when i turn on my heat..thanks for checcin homie

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by LaCdOuT@Sep 10 2005, 01:34 AM~3786900
man i hope it aint my gasket...i just paid 550 for my radiator..the only time it comes on is when i turn on my heat..thanks for checcin homie
if its a northstar engine
the head bolts on the back lose torque and they cause water to go to the engine and it evaporates, it might not have water in the oil.

but check the coolant ( and i hope u didnt mix orange with green) and check the relays and fuses.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the replies homies...i replaced my radiator and used the gm orange coolant now...everything is all good for now i hope...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts