LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY SOUNDS IN MY CUTLASS NOTHING FANCY NOT RUNNING A SUB
JUST MID'S AND HIGHS
I HAVE A NEW ALPINE RADIO AND IM RUNNING TWO 3 1/2 INFINITY'S UP FRONT IN DASH (FIBER GLASSED DASH) AND TWO KENWOOD 6X9S ON THE REAR DECK RUNNING IT ALL TO A ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1000D 4 CHANNEL AND SOUND LIKE SHIT I CANT RAISE IT TO LOUD OTHERWISE MY SPEAKERS POP AND SOUND LIKE CRAP IVE ADJUSTED MY AMP ABOUT 10 TIMES AND STILL SOUNDS LIKE CRAP ALSO NOTICED IM NOT GETTING ANY BASS OUT OF THE 6X9S SOUNDS LIKE I HAVE ALL FACTORY SHIT FROM 1987 CANT EVEN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A AMP HOOKED UP OR NOT BEING HOOKED UP

LETS JUST SAY MY HOMEBOYS KIDS TRIKE SOUNDS LOUDER THAN MY INTERIOR SPEAKERS
WHAT SHOULD I DO ANY ONE HAVE ANY INPUT HOW CAN I FIX IT OR MAKE IT SOUND BETTER
WHATS SOME GOOD SPEAKERS I CAN USE TO GET GOOD CLEAR SOUND AND SOME BASS FROM INTERIOR SPEAKERS

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Part of your issue is the speakers. 3-1/2's and 6/9's are not going to give any real mid-bass. I would consider components for front and rear. In the front you say it's a fiber-glassed dash so I'm assuming you or someone you know can glass the components in the kicks or doors. Then just make plates for the rears. Yes It's a lot of work but worth it in the end. The amp you have is fine, also what radio are you running?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so my work here is done.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
imma go pick up some component sets and see what happens hopefully get the clear sound and some bass im looking for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts