LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rolling So Low
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i get rust off my paint if possible? im trying to keep my original paint. thanks and peace out homies. ive posted this in paint section too. :)

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Feb 4 2010, 12:48 AM~16508297
if u have rust the paint in that part is gone. all u can do is blast it off it removal of your choice and paint it again before holes form
Yup. The only exception is if you ran through a puddle or something, and there was metal particles or shavings that stuck to the paint, then the rust could be on the surface. If that is the case, you could clean it with rubbing compound. Post pics.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Feb 4 2010, 03:59 PM~16511709
Yup.  The only exception is if you ran through a puddle or something, and there was metal particles or shavings that stuck to the paint, then the rust could be on the surface. If that is the case, you could clean it with rubbing compound. Post pics.
thats possible-but i figure he means bubbles o' rust :eek:hno: you cant keep og paint unless you want car to rot out and die in that color(plus rust) you need to get the cancer out of your ride and repair it before it gets worse-a good shop can color match the lil area(even if faded old paint) and blend it into og paint and will be hard to tell difference-do it now while its only a couple hundred dollars instead of waiting a few years till whole car needs stripped and redone(thats more like $6000 basic GOOD paint job,no bullshit look like hell $500 job :yessad:

·
IS XERXES THE GOD-KING
6,111 Posts
Originally posted by chaos91@Feb 4 2010, 12:49 AM~16507718
how can i get rust off my paint if possible?  im trying to keep my original paint. thanks and peace out homies. ive posted this in paint section too. :)
pm tiger woods aka skim. heel instrukt u 2 use clr & a brilo pad

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by PASSIONATE63@Feb 3 2010, 11:49 PM~16507718
how can i get rust off my paint if possible?  im trying to keep my original paint. thanks and peace out homies. ive posted this in paint section too. :)
do you mean hard waterstains? or rust?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts